D&D 5E Here Are The Races In The New Eberron Book

According to WotC's Jeremy Crawford, the following eight races appear in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

According to WotC's Jeremy Crawford, the following eight races appear in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

ECWPIdDU4AIpBse.jpg

Official versions of previous playtest races: Warforged, Changelings, Kalashtar, Shifters.

Playable versions of: Goblins, Bugbears, Hobgoblins, Orcs.

He goes on to clarifiy that "The playable orc in "Eberron" is a bit different from the orc in "Volo's Guide to Monster's." The playable goblinoids in "Eberron" use the same traits as the ones in "Volo's."

gyor

Legend
Does Crawford state which Shifters we are getting in the book? I know there's several different "breeds", but I think in the 4e Eberron book they only gave you two types.

I would assume its the same shifters subraces we got in Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron, but a set in Last War could be cool as well and give another reason to have both.

Which ones are those? I don't have that book.
Beasthide, Longtooth, Swiftstride, Wildhunt.

I don't know Eberron well enough to know what other shifter subraces are missing.

Edit: A bit of research on Eberron wiki brings up these (I don't know much about them):
Cliffwalk
Dreamsight
Gorebrute
Razerclaw
Swiftwing
Truedive

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Beasthide, Longtooth, Swiftstride, Wildhunt.

I don't know Eberron well enough to know what other shifter subraces are missing.

Edit: A bit of research on Eberron wiki brings up these (I don't know much about them):
Cliffwalk
Dreamsight
Gorebrute
Razerclaw
Swiftwing
Truedive

My understanding from reading the UA was that they consolidated the mechanics for some of these, and left the fluff a bit more open as to which kind of Shifter a given PC is.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
The number of shifter alts feels very 3.5E... hope it is condensed to a list of options for 5E. Anyone has Wayfinders and can weigh in?

The number of shifter alts feels very 3.5E... hope it is condensed to a list of options for 5E. Anyone has Wayfinders and can weigh in?

Yes, I have Wayfinders. As I said, it has Beasthide (tough), Longtooth (fierce), Swiftstride (fast) and wildhunt (tracker).

I think there might be room for:
Cliffwalk (climbing)
Dreamsight (blindsight)
Swiftwing (flying)
Truedive (swimming)

That's guesswork, I don't have the 3rd edition books, just the names.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast

I have every Eberron book, there are a ton. Plus all the feats to pump up their potency. You could spend a long time with Shifters in a rich crunchy way (and probably still be jealous of the wizard...) Shifters were a really odd one since they hone in on other class qualities without making the jump 100% Really interesting play potential and the RP could be intense.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yes, I have Wayfinders. As I said, it has Beasthide (tough), Longtooth (fierce), Swiftstride (fast) and wildhunt (tracker).

I think there might be room for:
Cliffwalk (climbing)
Dreamsight (blindsight)
Swiftwing (flying)
Truedive (swimming)

On the latest Manifest Zone Keith talks about how his unofficial book might expand on stuff like Shifters evolving into more powerful versions of themselves using feats and subclasses.

Remove ads

Remove ads