D&D Movie/TV Here Come The D&D Movie Gaming Tie-Ins!

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie. From ICv2: Playmats...

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie.

From ICv2:

1500x1500_0695a7ea09f95c248a1fa33b298e4ceb41b6813439ee36f24bf86ddc.jpg

Dice Tower (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Dice rolling and storage
  • Holds 40+ standard RPG dice
  • Strong magnetic closure
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.11.37 AM.png

Foldable Dice Tray (MSRP: $24.99)
  • Magnetic corners that close in, out, and upside-down
  • Measures 8.5x11 when flat
  • High quality materials ensure your gaming table is protected
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.16 AM.png

Printed Leatherette Printed Book Folio (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Inside of book folio features spot UV detailing
  • Embroidered red ampersand logo and book name on binding
  • Back cover is secured in a pocket while the front cover is secured with an elastic strap
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.54 AM.png

Character Folio (MSRP: $10.49)
  • 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets & notes
  • Two 9-pocket pages for spell cards
  • Inner pockets in front and back
  • Sticker sheet for enhanced organization
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.14.02 AM.png

Playmats (MSRP: $21.99)
  • Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
  • Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmats shifting during use
  • Approximately 12"x13.5" and lies flat
  • Makes an excellent oversize mousepad for your home or office

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I realize I am not the target with a lot of this. But again, the Chris Pine pic…

Wishing D&D was more chainmail and battle axes vs. leather jackets and lutes. Whatever.

Interested to see where this goes! If the movie sucks some of these items will be peg warmers at stores sold in clearance aisles everywhere.

If the movie succeeds…I wonder if they sell well even at wal mart and target! Weird times…weird times.

I see little I like but I have some niche preferences. I genuinely wonder how all of this will do!

Reynard

Legend
I play mostly online these days but do run live games at cons. I see lots of dice trays, a few dice towers and zero play mats (aren't they a card game thing?). That $50 book cover should come with a PHB inside for that price.

Also -- where's the actual game product tie in? If it wasn't announced here I think we can assume it doesn't exist

Last edited:

Not to sound too negative. But given the track record of D&D movies so far I will put that somewhere under "Wait and see before I even contemplate about buying them" in my shopping list.

Yeah, I went to see the first D&D film with friends back in college. . .22 years ago.

I remember leaving it thinking "what the heck was that?" It was a really mediocre, pretty low-budget fantasy film with the D&D name slapped on. . .promptly followed by two direct-to-video sequels that were even lower budget. . .with less-sucky writing but still were cheap B-movies at best.

I really am not seeing anything that makes me think this will be anything other than a fairly generic fantasy film with relatively low production values and bad writing. I mean, if it turns out to be a really good film, I'll be happy. . .but I've got very low expectations.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Yeah, I went to see the first D&D film with friends back in college. . .22 years ago.

I remember leaving it thinking "what the heck was that?" It was a really mediocre, pretty low-budget fantasy film with the D&D name slapped on. . .promptly followed by two direct-to-video sequels that were even lower budget. . .with less-sucky writing but still were cheap B-movies at best.

I really am not seeing anything that makes me think this will be anything other than a fairly generic fantasy film with relatively low production values and bad writing. I mean, if it turns out to be a really good film, I'll be happy. . .but I've got very low expectations.
I don’t know why I care…but don’t want someone thing really crappy to be what a new generation thinks I’d when they think D&D…

I liked the old days of filling in the blanks yourself. But the train is leaving the station no matter what…

Remove ads

Remove ads