D&D Movie/TV Here Come The D&D Movie Gaming Tie-Ins!

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie. From ICv2: Playmats...

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie.

From ICv2:

1500x1500_0695a7ea09f95c248a1fa33b298e4ceb41b6813439ee36f24bf86ddc.jpg

Dice Tower (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Dice rolling and storage
  • Holds 40+ standard RPG dice
  • Strong magnetic closure
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.11.37 AM.png

Foldable Dice Tray (MSRP: $24.99)
  • Magnetic corners that close in, out, and upside-down
  • Measures 8.5x11 when flat
  • High quality materials ensure your gaming table is protected
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.16 AM.png

Printed Leatherette Printed Book Folio (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Inside of book folio features spot UV detailing
  • Embroidered red ampersand logo and book name on binding
  • Back cover is secured in a pocket while the front cover is secured with an elastic strap
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.54 AM.png

Character Folio (MSRP: $10.49)
  • 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets & notes
  • Two 9-pocket pages for spell cards
  • Inner pockets in front and back
  • Sticker sheet for enhanced organization
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.14.02 AM.png

Playmats (MSRP: $21.99)
  • Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
  • Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmats shifting during use
  • Approximately 12"x13.5" and lies flat
  • Makes an excellent oversize mousepad for your home or office

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm saying the idea that they'd wait for the 50th anniversary to have products featuring the movie characters that came out the year before is weird.
Maybe 50th anniversary is mudding the water here? Why release a tie in product for the game, and then a year later release a new edition (err pretend its not an edition or whatever we are supposed to call these design updates now)?

Reynard

Legend
Maybe 50th anniversary is mudding the water here? Why release a tie in product for the game, and then a year later release a new edition (err pretend its not an edition or whatever we are supposed to call these design updates now)?
There are 5 other books coming out this year.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Perhaps I'm wrong, but where those not sold as "sending 5E off with a bang"?
As far as I can tell Wizards has been very careful to not only not refer to "5e" as anything but D&D, they've also been very careful to not make their "OneD&D" initiative sound like an edition change. If anyone was saying that it was probably just folks around here who really want OneD&D to be an actual 6e and not just 5.1e.

Stormonu

Legend
I don't know who might remember these, but I'd be willing to buy a movie-themed one if it came out. Holds PHB/tablet, dice, pencils and came with 3 miniatures, a player's reference screen and photocopyable character sheets, spell sheets and the like. Really good for on-the-go.

Honestly I think a character folio with our adventurer standing heroically on one side and trapped pathetically in a gelatinous cube on the other in a pretty inspired product design. Really gets to some core truth about the D&D experience.

It's unfortunate that since it is a D&D-artified Chris Pine whether it can qualify as cool will depend on the quality of the movie and his character in it (and people's opinion of the art as a likeness of a known person).

Clint_L

Hero
Because they aren't releasing a new edition, and I know folks have trouble accepting this, but if you use DnDBeyond it is sort of obvious. There isn't going to come a moment when all your content on DDB is suddenly no longer usable. All the books that you buy this year will continue to work with books that are published the year after, just as your books from 2014 will work with books from 2024 and beyond. Everything is interconnected on DDB.

What will likely happen when the updated PHB comes out is that the 2014 edition becomes "legacy content," meaning they will stop selling it but you can keep using it if you prefer. When Monsters of the Multiverse came out, my Volo's and Mordenkainen's content didn't go anywhere. When I finally did purchase MotM, several months later, it supplanted them...until I toggled them back on, as legacy content (I prefer the way they handle spell lists for creatures).

The old editions paradigm is dead. WotC needs to keep everything compatible because the the backbone of the game is no longer the books on your shelf, it's the integrated marketplace of DDB.

Remove ads

Remove ads