Pathfinder 2E Here's A Pathfinder 2E Goblin

Paizo has shared part of its upcoming Bestiary for Pathfinder 2nd Edition with a quick look at the goblin entry.

Paizo has shared part of its upcoming Bestiary for Pathfinder 2nd Edition with a quick look at the goblin entry.

EALsI6GW4AAIRNM.jpg

How does this differ from the playtest version? Let's take a look! Generally the layout is much the same with some minor tweaks; the differences appear to be under the hood as various numbers change.

• It's gone from CREATURE 0 to CREATURE -1.
  • Perception has increased from +1 to +2.
  • Skills no longer have an initial 'blanket' entry; in the playtest goblin skills were "–2; Acrobatics +3, Athletics +3, Stealth +5"; now they're "Acrobaitcs +5, Athletics +2, Nature +1, Stealth +5".
  • Con has increased to +1
  • AC has gone from 14 to 16, TAC is gone, Fort, Ref, and Will have all increased significantly
  • Dogslicer attack has gone from +6 to +8 and now has finesse added
  • Shortbow attack has gone from +6 to +8, and various additional info added in parenthesis

I think it would be foolish not to make future D&D backwards compatible. I'm amazed PF did this but I can see the want to get away from a former D&D.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
AFAIK 5E isn't fully OGL. I could be wrong but not 100% sure what you can do with it

No, this is incorrect, the 5E OGL has all of the rules and is the same as 3.x: it doesn't have all of the options (not all of the spells, only one Subclass per each of the 12 Classes, etc.). It is neither more nor less possible to copy, legally and technically, than 3.x.

There are already entirely seperate games made off of the 5E engine, because it is open source.

For reference:

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

Zardnaar

Legend
No, this is incorrect, the 5E OGL has all of the rules and is the same as 3.x: it doesn't have all of the options (not all of the spells, only one Subclass per each of the 12 Classes, etc.). It is neither more nor less possible to copy, legally and technically, than 3.x.

That's what I meant. You could clone something close to 5E but you would have to write your own classes.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That's what I meant. You could clone something close to 5E but you would have to write your own classes.

No, it has all 12 Classes, but with only one Subclass per Class. A 5E clone would need to re-fill the conceptual space a bit, but them wouldn't that be the point?

Remove ads

Remove ads