Pathfinder 2E Here's the Cover Art for Pathfinder 2E's April Bestiary 2

Eight months after the launch of Pathfinder 2E, Bestiary 2 will hit store shelves - 320 pages, to add to the 400+ in Bestiary 1. Here's a look at Wayne Reynolds' cover art for the book.

082719_Bestiary2.jpg

"This 320-page hardcover rulebook greatly expands on the foes found in the Pathfinder Bestiary. From classic creatures like serpentfolk and jabberwock, returning favorites like the primal dragons or the Sandpoint devil, to brand new menaces sure to test even the bravest of heroes, this must-have tome of monsters designed to challenge characters of any level is an essential companion to your Pathfinder game!

It’s never too early to invite these monsters to your table, so preorder your regular or deluxe edition today!"

Here's a look at that Deluxe Edition.

PZO2104-SE.jpg

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
A very curious piece. So much detail and interesting ideas, but... its missing something.

There's no story here. Nothing that makes me feel a need to crack open the book. Maybe I've just seen one too many covers like this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Maybe it felts less weird when there was plenty of products already. Now, it feels desperate.
Wayne’s covers aren’t striking a cord like the first edition.
8 months in and we get a second bestiary...5e was 2 years before Volos.

Also talk about lead time for the next book...with people complaining about D&Ds 4 month hints and that apparently annoying people...so does 8 months out bother them as well?

I think that the pace feels weird in relation to what others are doing in the market now: 3 months in advance is a more sustainable marketing model, announcing a billion products so far in advance is exhausting.

Emirikol Prime

Explorer
I think that the pace feels weird in relation to what others are doing in the market now: 3 months in advance is a more sustainable marketing model, announcing a billion products so far in advance is exhausting.
I love this place. I still wish end would up thiergame a bit when it comes to releases. I'm still starved for setting books.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
Ahhh! Thank you! You pinpoint it perfectly, for me at least. When I look at this upcoming book, this will probably the first 2E that I might buy. Don't judge a book by its cover but that's exactly what I do... :|

I need to know what is happening here! Despite being totally generic (dragon, pretty lady, fanciness) that posing and her facial expression DEMANDS attention. What is going on? Who are these guys??? Hand moving towards pre-order... must resist...

Mercador

Adventurer
I need to know what is happening here! Despite being totally generic (dragon, pretty lady, fanciness) that posing and her facial expression DEMANDS attention. What is going on? Who are these guys??? Hand moving towards pre-order... must resist...
Yeah, exactly, you want to read what's going on. It reminds me Curse of the Crimon Throne a bit.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
What's funny is, this cover is in line with all previous bestiaries by Paizo. Maybe they have not changed their style enough? I think that is a plus, I like the Pathfinder flavor, so I'm glad they are not changing the recipe. I do wish they slowed a bit the crunch dept.

dave2008

Legend
I love this place. I still wish end would up thiergame a bit when it comes to releases. I'm still starved for setting books.
Well you won’t get that from PAizo, I believe everything is set on Glorian (Lost Omens). I wonder if 3PP will (or are) releasing their settings for PF2E? There have been so many released for 5e now I can’t keep track. I know a few planned PF1E versions, but wonder if those where killed with the switch to PF2E.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well you won’t get that from PAizo, I believe everything is set on Glorian (Lost Omens). I wonder if 3PP will (or are) releasing their settings for PF2E? There have been so many released for 5e now I can’t keep track. I know a few planned PF1E versions, but wonder if those where killed with the switch to PF2E.

I know there is a PF2 license in place, but haven't heard if 3PP are embracing it yet. It might not get to PF1 levels, depending on the market.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases