• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
It is crazy... about 212 (+/- 3 maybe?) of the posts out of the 1,139 post (nearly 19%!) mention the "g-word." :eek::censored::whistle:

I make a motion on the floor to end this line of dicussion. Do I hear a second? Anyone? Anyone? :geek:

Certainly, its time to get back to focusing on what's really important: are the colors of her clothes too "clerical"?

Yaarel

Hurra for syttende mai!
<sigh>

So, wearing glasses is a "flaw"?

You know, I thought the days of my childhood when it was common for people to denigrate those who wore eyeglasses (often via the near-ubiquitous jibe of "Four-Eyes") was part of a bygone era, especially given how many of us wear them. I suppose I was too optimistic.
Nearsighted is a flaw.

Sunglasses are fine. Gems of Truesight are fine.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Nearsighted is a flaw.

Sunglasses are fine. Gems of Truesight are fine.

Your word choice truly, truly needs work. With this phrasing, it sounds like you are saying that being nearsighted is not "fine". Look, I won't argue that being Nearsighted means you are not physically perfect (and therefore could be referred to as a "flaw" ) but by saying "fine" you make it sound like the only acceptable options are those that give some benefit to someone with 20/20 vision.

And since you have said you yourself need corrective lenses, and I doubt you hate or look down on yourself, I don't think that is actually the message you are trying to send.

Yaarel

Hurra for syttende mai!
Your word choice truly, truly needs work. With this phrasing, it sounds like you are saying that being nearsighted is not "fine". Look, I won't argue that being Nearsighted means you are not physically perfect (and therefore could be referred to as a "flaw" ) but by saying "fine" you make it sound like the only acceptable options are those that give some benefit to someone with 20/20 vision.

And since you have said you yourself need corrective lenses, and I doubt you hate or look down on yourself, I don't think that is actually the message you are trying to send.
Heh, to be clear. I am nearsighted, and nearsighted is not fine.

And since you have said you yourself need corrective lenses, and I doubt you hate or look down on yourself
A lot of people do hate themselves if they don't measure up to what society tells them they should look like.

That's why it's such a harmful message, and why it's so good that WotC are, at least in a small way, trying to send a better message through their art.

Chaosmancer

Legend
A lot of people do hate themselves if they don't measure up to what society tells them they should look like.

That's why it's such a harmful message, and why it's so good that WotC are, at least in a small way, trying to send a better message through their art.

Nods

I never want to assume people feel that way about themselves. I mean, I'm 100% in that trap myself, about many, many things I deeply dislike about myself. My vision is luckily not one of those things. And I had hoped it was just a miscommunication since English can be tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads