Here's why you shouldn't steal user names!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Pale said:
How do you know what your new member number is? I've seen a few folks refer to them, but I can't find where the got this information from.
The last part of your profile's URL. Yours is 120.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Dang!

graydoom said:

Maybe a base CR of 1 per 100 posts, adding +10 for member number under 10, +5 for member number under 100, +3 for member number under 500, and +1 for member number under 1000. Then a couple mods for coolness... +1 each for a cool .sig and/or a cool avatar. If there's nothing I've left out, now we would calculate the admin/mod bonuses. Since mods have to delete posts one by one, I'd say they only get a +5 or so. You have to figure that the admins listen into the CR! Now then, the admins have the ability of instant death with no saving throw. And all the powers of moderators. And access to the actual server, for some! That's at least +15, IMO.

Well, lesse, if I use my old board post count, I'm +13+5+5, for a whopping CR of 23!

If I use my new board count, I'm only +1+10+5, for a CR of 16.

I've lost power in the move! :D

graydoom

First Post
Re: Dang!

Ashtal said:

Well, lesse, if I use my old board post count, I'm +13+5+5, for a whopping CR of 23!

Actually, I'd advise you use CRGreathouse's rules for this instead of mine. His work better.
Originally posted by CRGreathouse
Ah, but CR is calculated on a logrithmic scale, so it should be a base of ln (post count/25+1) + (3 / member number ^ .25).

Add +4 for moderator status and +6 for administrator status (admins are twice as powerful as mods). Cool name = +1 CR, cool sig = +1 CR, cool avatar = +1 CR; bad name = -0 CR, bad sig = -1 CR, bad avatar = -0 CR. Being cool in general = +1 CR.
Going by that, you have a CR of .89(posts) + 1(member number) + 4(mod) + 1(name) + 1(sig) + 1(avatar) + 1(cool), for a total CR of just under 10!

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Poster Conversion

CRGreathouse said:
Ah, but CR is calculated on a logrithmic scale, so it should be a base of ln (post count/25+1) + (3 / member number ^ .25).

Add +4 for moderator status and +6 for administrator status (admins are twice as powerful as mods). Cool name = +1 CR, cool sig = +1 CR, cool avatar = +1 CR; bad name = -0 CR, bad sig = -1 CR, bad avatar = -0 CR. Being cool in general = +1 CR.

Since everybody's recalculating their CR, I thought I'd do the same. But, I started "play" on the old boards, and I aint about to loose that experience. I'm converting to the new system, not starting over again. So:

(Now here's where I show my age and my lack of practice in math. You younger, smarter fellows will have to do the work.)

# Posts; around 350
Member #: 163 (original, I aint using the new one)
Add mods: Cool name, cool sig, evil high priest of Dangerous Journeys,cool avatar, grand old man of RPGs, professional rules lawyer.RPG line editor ("retired"), "worked" with Gary Gygax.

Even with the changes I'm still dangerous:p

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Re: Dang!

Ashtal said:

Pshsh.

You think you've lost power.

--Weak spikey

Remove ads