• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hero Lab and D&D

Islanddoc

Explorer
Starting to use Hero Lab with PF and its very useful. I am playing a good bit of Basic D&D with the kids right now and would love to be able to use Hero Lab with Basic D&D or clone(LL...) or AD&D. I have looked at the Authoring kit's forums and no sign of anything for D&D/AD&D. If any readers have anything worked up or advice it would be much appreciated

Is_907

First Post
I like Hero Lab a lot... but I just can't see why it would be useful for Basic D&D.
AD&D? Maybe a little. More useful with 2e.

There's just not much you need to pick for OD&D / B/X or even 1e AD&D.
OD&D / B/X you can roll a character in a whopping 2 minutes, then spend another two or three picking gear.

Islanddoc

Explorer
Looking more big picture - with PF while dming I can create encounters quickly and manage my combat. Be great for DM record keeping and generating and managing quick play sessions.

its a great tool just would be nice to use on favorite systems. It shouldn't be that hard to write for. Just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has

Is_907

First Post
Looking more big picture - with PF while dming I can create encounters quickly and manage my combat. Be great for DM record keeping and generating and managing quick play sessions.

its a great tool just would be nice to use on favorite systems. It shouldn't be that hard to write for. Just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has

Ahh, I see. Can you use the encounter tracking bits of Hero Lab designed for PF when running OD&D? I mean, the key bits of combat are mostly the same--init, hp, etc.

If you do end up creating something for HeroLab, be sure to share it here. ;)

Remove ads