• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes 10-23-06

Victim

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
I didn't like the way they handled the cop, and that got me to thinking about a few other things that they might have done better.

Matt: He goes to a lot of trouble to make his wife happy, but doesn't even bother to shave? (But then, I can't stand the scruffy look anyway.) And I was going to complain about everyone in the store continuing to react badly to his having the gun after he IDed himself as a cop. Several times. Then I remembered all those episodes of Dragnet that point out that a cop is never really off duty. At least in LA, he shouldn't have left his house without his gun and badge. He didn't have his gun and made no effort to produce his badge to calm everyone down, so he probably didn't have that either. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get suspended for such foolishness. (But at least he won't get fired for calling in sick when he wasn't. :lol: )

My impression was that he couldn't really do anything at that point. He was getting overloaded by everyone's panic (and maybe someone with powers 'helping') and could barely stagger around and repeat himself. His strange behavior then made the situation worse in the eyes of everyone else, which further overloaded him. Death Spiral!

tecnowraith

First Post
Ok here is the problem for the Claire scene are not in the future. The train wreak were Claire saved the fireman was on TV and Issac watching it.

Insight

Adventurer
Re: Hiro speaking English suddenly...

The Japanese teach English in school. It's required. There is a strong chance that Hiro is starting to recall some of his English classes from school.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I guess I'll be the lone dissenting voice.

I do not like how Lost and this show give out little trickles of information and then have everything thing happen at the last couple episodes of the season (or only on sweeps weeks).
Lost can get away with it once because it was first, but it's running thin anymore.

This show started off cool and strong, but now it's at a point where in another week it will go from "must-DVR" to "I'll watch it if nothing better is on".

Boiled down - I'm bored with the show.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Why is it that Nathan gets all best scenes? Maybe I'm just weird. Either way, that scene with him taking off was great! His interaction with Niki was pretty cool too.

On that note, I like Niki a lot more when she has people to interact with other than Micah. First Nathan, then Ando, and both scenes were a lot more enjoyable than her being by herself.

Hiro not being able to drive - very realistic. No need to drive in Tokyo... in fact, from what I gather, it's not really suggested to do so. I mean, it does have the world's largest mass transit system.

I want to see what happens when Simone finds out about Peter and Isaac working together... that will be amusing.

Add me to the camp that thinks Claire's father is at least not evil. Also, Vegas to Texas is not a long flight at all. NYC to Dallas is, as pointed out before, four hours. Vegas to Texas can't be any more than half that, at the most. Heck, NYC to DC is only an hour. If he has the resources, he can probably get a plane any time her wants... heck, he probably has a personal plane anyway.

Matt needs to get linked to the other heroes, and soon. I figure at least Peter, Isaac, Hiro, and maybe Nathan will get together soon.

I'm thinking we get more on the Sylar front in November. I'm guessing Sylar goes after Claire, with Matt on Sylar's heels. Hiro, Ando, and Peter (and maybe Nathan or Isaac) head to Texas to save Claire, and they meet Matt there. Sylar gets away, but will be back for May sweeps.

Oh, and the shadowed lady in the portrait conveniently placed behind Peter? Any clues?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ed_Laprade said:
Nikki: I'm really tired of her complaining about how dangerous her (ex?) husband is. She didn't know he was a gang member/leader when she married him? Or during the 10-12 years that they were married? (Yeah, I know there are people like that, but I wish someone would say: "Hey! You knew what he was like when you married him! Now shut up about it!")

I like this show but I wish they would give DL some air time already. I'd like to know what he thinks about Nikki. We certainly know her opinions of DL. And does DL know it was probably Dark Nikki that killed his crew? Does he know Dark Nikki exists? Arrggghh! Can't...wait...much...longer.

And the scene in the diner between Hiro and Nathan. Great stuff.

Darthjaye

First Post
Love the show, care little for why people want to over analyze it. It's good and there's very few of those on TV. It's supers and done in a great way so far. I like each and every storyline so far. Peter the Mimic is great. Potentially the most powerful of them all and he is hopefully starting to get that now. I'm curious as to which side or even whom Claire's dad is working for.

Taelorn76

First Post
BlueBlackRed said:
I guess I'll be the lone dissenting voice.

I do not like how Lost and this show give out little trickles of information and then have everything thing happen at the last couple episodes of the season (or only on sweeps weeks).
Lost can get away with it once because it was first, but it's running thin anymore.

This show started off cool and strong, but now it's at a point where in another week it will go from "must-DVR" to "I'll watch it if nothing better is on".

Boiled down - I'm bored with the show.

They need to trickle out info over the season. Else it wouldn't be a TV series, it would be a movie. Where everything gets wrapped up in one sitting. And having the CLimax owards the end of the season goes along with just about every other form of media entertainment, Movies, books. You have the build up and then the action packed conclusion.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Taelorn76 said:
They need to trickle out info over the season. Else it wouldn't be a TV series, it would be a movie. Where everything gets wrapped up in one sitting. And having the CLimax owards the end of the season goes along with just about every other form of media entertainment, Movies, books. You have the build up and then the action packed conclusion.
It's not impossible to have long term and good, viable short term plots at the same time.
I'm not interested in a 20 hour movie spread out over 6 months.

Remove ads