• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes 10-23-06

Cor Azer

First Post
tecnowraith said:
Ok here is the problem for the Claire scene are not in the future. The train wreak were Claire saved the fireman was on TV and Issac watching it.

Except for Matt (since he didn't appear), there's also the eclipse that was mentioned in everyone's scenes in the first episode, roughly linking the time lines together.

Also, roughly speaking, Odessa, TX to Las Vegas, NV is about the same distance (eyeballing Google Maps) between Charlottetown, PE and Toronto, ON, which is 1.5-2.5 hour flight depending on the head/tail winds. Certainly not hard to contemplate getting back and forth if you have the money and cover story (Bennett seems to have a job that invovles a lot of travelling).

LightPhoenix

First Post
Cor Azer said:
Also, roughly speaking, Odessa, TX to Las Vegas, NV is about the same distance (eyeballing Google Maps) between Charlottetown, PE and Toronto, ON, which is 1.5-2.5 hour flight depending on the head/tail winds.

From Las Vegas to Texas you would have a slight tailwind, so probably on the lower side.

However, since I decided to play around with Google Maps...

First, Texas is big! Whoa. Anyway, according to GM, it's a six and a half hour drive from Dalls, and five and half from El Paso. So Daddy is probably flying directly into Odessa (airstrip code is MAF) and that looks to be, surprisingly, a four hour flight (not counting an hour stopover in Dallas). Dallas to Odessa is an hour, and you're actually flying past Odessa, so I'd put a direct flight from LV to Odessa at three and change. Not that I could find any flights doing that.

So, I guess the moral of the story is we have to assume there's some convenience going on - either he's got his own plane and is using government airstrips (possible) or in the Heroes world there are flights to Odessa from LV, and NYC. The other assumption, of course, is that he has a power or someone with a power to get around quickly.

Brakkart

First Post
After watching the latest episode I'm beginning to think that Claire's dad isn't a villain after all. I think he's more like The Watchers were in the old Highlander tv series, a group that knew about the existence of the Immortals and catalogued and studied them.

Let's assume for a moment that some of the powers that be know that people are starting to develop super powers. Sooner or later that is going to become public knowledge and then the government has to decide what to do about it. To make an informed decision they need to be informed. To put it in Senator Kelly's words from X-Men 1 "We need to know who these people are, and above all we need to know what they can do".

I think his task is to find and make a record of the super-powered people and their abilities. His mind-wiping sidekick is useful as his power prevents those who have been studied from knowing that some official has knowledge of their secret.

Last edited:

occam

Adventurer
Umbran said:
It does get mentioned in Babylon 5, in somewhat poetic terms. And other sci-fi authors have addressed it from time to time - Spider Robinsom comes to mind...

It's been a long time since I read it, but isn't the sex/telepathy thing part of Stranger in a Strange Land, too?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
LightPhoenix said:
Matt needs to get linked to the other heroes, and soon. I figure at least Peter, Isaac, Hiro, and maybe Nathan will get together soon.

Spoiler Alert:

In the original 90 minute pilot I saw at ComicCon, Matt gets involved with the rest of the group when they get to the bomb. Matt tracks down a radiation-causing super-powered terrorist who is a middle eastern man setting up a nuclear bomb, and the rest of the heros are tracking the bomb as well. We get the background on the super-villian as well, who lost his wife when he caused her to die of cancer from exposure to him.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Mistwell said:
Spoiler Alert:

In the original 90 minute pilot I saw at ComicCon, Matt gets involved with the rest of the group when they get to the bomb. Matt tracks down a radiation-causing super-powered terrorist who is a middle eastern man setting up a nuclear bomb, and the rest of the heros are tracking the bomb as well. We get the background on the super-villian as well, who lost his wife when he caused her to die of cancer from exposure to him.

I wish I hadn't read that because they really nead to change that. Hpefully they will make changes like they did with the actually aired pilot.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Ed_Laprade said:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier. In next week's TV Guide they have a very short blurb about the show: On the November 21st episode there will be a flashback (six months) showing how they got their powers. That would sorta indicate that they aren't mutants after all.
Oops, my bad! The episode is on the 27th, not the 21st! (Someone needs new glasses... :confused: )

Dingleberry

First Post
Random thought (and I'd have to watch the eps again to see if it holds up): is it possible that Niki doesn't just have a split personality, but is physically splitting into two people?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Dingleberry said:
Random thought (and I'd have to watch the eps again to see if it holds up): is it possible that Niki doesn't just have a split personality, but is physically splitting into two people?

Seems very unlikely. We see her shift between personas in the elevator, and then normal Nikki wakes up where Naughty Nikki went before.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
TV.com is reporting that Heroes is the number one rated new show this fall, which makes me happy as I feared that something this good would go the way of Firefly.

Remove ads