Heroes #24:I am Sylar/Season 3/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I am Sylar

Sylar, still engaged in an unlikely alliance, faces an identity crisis as his newest power begins to effect him in strange ways. Hiro and Ando try to bring down Building 26 as Matt grapples with fatherhood. Nathan begins to unfold a plan to to set things right.

rowport

First Post
Thumbs Up!

I really liked this one! Sure, it was a pretty transparent set up for the finale but still... lots of action and some decent characterization. I really enjoyed the crazy Sylar scenes. And, while I have mixed feelings about the execution, I did like that there was at least an effort to take the Ando/Hiro conflict somewhere.

Also, this webisode has promise (if you like Puppet Master as I do):
NBC Video Rewind

satori01

First Post
Last weeks episode I think was the kicker that pushed me off the show.
Sure this episode was better...but I honestly think that when a show is called "Heroes"......to have your season 1 villain Sylar be the most interesting, reliably entertaining, and most driving force for the plot to be a problem.

I hate to be a glass half empty type of guy...but I find it very sad that we are down to rating individual episodes...oh this one was good....that one sucked....this one was blah....that one was good for half the episode.
I do not faith that the next episode will be good.

In sports you can always say, "next year"...but plotted TV shows the past matters a bit more. The writers lost "Sylar" last year....this year he is back to about the right feel....which makes this episode so ironic.....no Sylar, you are back which is why there is drama for you.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm tired of Ando and Hiro's bickering this season. It wasn't terrible, but it just didn't go anywhere. Ando should make like Batman and be solo. Also, Hiro impersonating the guard... really? That was just stupid. As for the nosebleed... eh, who knows. I like Ando.

I had heard that Micah would run into Sylar this episode, and I knew they wouldn't have Sylar kill him. There are things you can't get away with on prime-time, and violently killing kids is one of them.

Speaking of Micah, I love that he's still the hero, and still trying to convince everyone to be heroes, even Sylar. I hope that Micah's line, "You could save them all," resonated with him, and he'll turn into a martyr of sorts.

Sylar's personality crisis was an interesting outgrowth of the shapeshifting power. It goes a long way towards making me think they can handle it responsibly.

What did Nathan really think he could do to Sylar? You know what would have been the best thing? Make sure everyone knows there are two of him. Appear in the same place as him, or at the same time. Set Sylar up by having people see you fly. Stay and listen to the people that have captured Sylar. Something that doesn't involve you going head-to-head with him.

Last weeks episode I think was the kicker that pushed me off the show.

Obviously it wasn't, since you're still watching.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
For me, I am waiting till the end of the season before quitining. I may not quit, but they would need to pull off an incredble final episode next week to keep me. They need to have a cool battle, reset Sylar, mindwipe most people, and do it without a duex a machina, all in 1 hour. Personally from past experience I don't think they can pull it off, but I will give them this one last shot.

Arnwyn

First Post
Actual episode title: "I Am Boring".

Danko: "Muwahahaha!" (covers all his dialogue and actions for this episode, if not the entire season)

Sylar: "Whine whine whine. The writers are so incompetent that they don't know what to do with me, thus the excuse to go with a 'need to find myself' storyline."

My wife: "What a boring, tedious episode."

I'm with my wife.

Unlike others, I still really like Hiro and Ando... but only when they're buddies. When they're feuding, they're crap.

satori01

First Post
Obviously it wasn't, since you're still watching.

:lol:LOL...well played sir! I will watch until the season finale. When I get invested in something I tend to want to see it out to the finish.

The breaking the camels back comment was more about the fact I found myself through out this weeks episode, recognizing it was much better than many of the episodes this year....and not caring........emotional I just have an enduring lack of interest in Heroes. I have stopped watching a show I love due to lack of time, change in schedule, lack of TV set....but never have I had a show just drive me away......I find it odd and kinda sad.

Last edited:

Meh. I couldn't bring myself to care about this episode one way or another, which in itself says something. Unless the season ender is really dynamite (something for which I hold no hope) this season is a complete waste just like last season. I'll continue to watch because the show still has potential but it's yet to be realized.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, I checked out weeks ago, before the change in writers. Now I just can't seem to bring myself to care. But I gather that the change-up hasn't affected the quality of the show any, so I think I'm done.

It's a pity though. Surely this concept could have been done better than this! The first season still rules, but then they didn't know what to do with it.

Remove ads