Heroes of Horror: Archivist

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
My rule of thumb is Cleric, Druid, Domain, Adept, Paladin, Ranger. They can learn all of the spells on all of these lists, but you have to use the class hierarchy above to determine the spell's level

Is this official now or something? I want to know, just to be sure.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yes. And as I mentioned above, if someone wanted to play a Nature's Archivist who swaps the positions of Druid and Cleric in the hierarchy to get faster Flame Strike and slower cures, that's okay with me, since both of them are base classes that cast 1 through 9 divine spells and thus don't get any weird shortcuts to spells, but you need to be consistent. I would expect the vast majority to prefer Cleric before Druid.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bront said:
It's in the approved rules thread, we just need Drothgery to archive it like requested :)
Actually, on the archivist approval is there. The note about class order and no arcane+divine need to be put there.

I'd do it, but I have an 8 hour trip tommorow I should sleep for. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Actually, on the archivist approval is there. The note about class order and no arcane+divine need to be put there.

I'd do it, but I have an 8 hour trip tommorow I should sleep for. ;)
Arcane+Divine is fine, as long as the spell is on one of those Divine spell lists ;) But yeah, we should add the other stuff

Someone

Adventurer
Ok, now a couple of unrelated question. For the purposes of using spell completion and spell trigger stuff, what´s the Archivist spell list, just the cleric´s, or the lists of all those classes?

If a new rules update change change the level of a spell an archivist already has (using the hierarchy) what happens, then? For example, suppose my character gets his hands on a Bless weapon scroll and adds it to his prayerbook. By the spells allowed right now, it´s only in the paladin spell list, as a 1st level spell, so by the current rules, he´ll add it as a 1st level "archivist" spell. But suddendly you allow the Glory domain from Complete Divine, which has Bless Weapon as a 2nd level spell. Domain trumps Paladin, so the spell is now 2nd level. What now?

Third, do magic items that work as a spellbook also work as prayerbooks?

Remove ads