• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds-Introduction

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ash you find yourself alone in the forest. Your only company is the ominous sound of hooves hitting the ground and wings flapping.

The rest of you find yourselves in utter blackness. And you can hear the sounds of laughter and dancing from somewhere nearby.

Filia can see that you are in an underground cave tunnel. It runs forward and back as far as she can see.

reapersaurus

Explorer
I posted this about 8 hours ago, but it wouldn't go thru.... :(
creamsteak said:
"Either way, I cannot resist the compulsion to "seek great reward" as the bug man would say. I will jump in."
"Do me a favor, and let me know if they're all dead thru that tree there.

Where I come from, all the trees up and attacked us - they were taken over by the power of Evil.
ed2_288.JPG

In fact, the very embodiment of Evil was in a tree.
It would have taken over the world if it hadn't have been sent back.
ed2_296.JPG

Good thing I got JUST the tool for the job, if this tree is the wrong kinda magic!"

Ash revs up his chainsaw while looking over the tree VERY close for any signs of demonic influence.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Dalamar whispers to the others.
"Unless any of you will object, I'll light up this situation"
If nobody has anything against the light, Dalamar will speak the word shirak and cast Light on his own hand

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Your voice echoes hollowly down the tunnels causing a pause in the sound of laughter and dance.

Ash you hear nothing excepts the clip-clop of hooves and the downdraft of wings.

Kalanyr

Explorer
You can make out no sound or sign of Ash. You also note that there's no trace of where you entered either.

Ash you see a group of 40 shapes at the end of your sight range, they seem like shadows in the night, except for the beating of wings and the sound of horses hooves. Just as you see them, one of them raises something to their lips and horn blast echoes across the forest, a deep noise, that echoes from Before, it speaks of the time when man was naught but prey and dark forces ruled the worlds, in short it is terrifying beyond mortal belief.

(If you weren't Immune to fear there'd be a Will Save and the effects here)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Oh yeah - almost forgot - I posted this just as the boards went down this morning:

Well, unless anything changes for the immediate rounds upcoming, Ash will Listen and Spot to see if he can catch glimpse of what all danger there is in this "Hunt" the Seelie was talking about.

He wonders if he's being listened to -
"Yo, Seelie-witch.

If you know of my world you know what this chainsaw here does to trees.
Now I'm not sayin' I'm gonna hack down yer whole forest here, but I DO know that if I get attacked out here, I won't hesitate to use the living forest here as weapons against whatever it is you were warnin' us about.

So how about a little info, sister?"
Ash concludes, while tapping the chain of his chainsaw up against the nearest tree as if testing the wood.

*************************************************** New post

OOC: If you want, Kal, you can make that immunity to fear just a bonus to fear saves.
If it would be funnier for Ash to freak out, than I can willingly make him fail a save or two... :)

Ash looks at the dark forms, seeing the mass of power assembled there, and says, "Now that doesn't look good..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads