• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#18)---3/05/07-'Parasite' [careful - season 2 spoiler in thread]

Nellisir

Hero
Steel_Wind said:
Actually - a lot of the buildings in the distance were still intact and appeared unharmed. Manhattan had clearly had a big chunk taken out of it, but it was not wiped from the face of the earth.

Maybe (and this is just speculation), the future has already changed...just not enough. Enough to go from BIG BOOM to big boom.

Dunno. Probably not, but still....

John Crichton

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I would be very surprised.

The viewing public's psyche is not adequately equipped to deal with a nuke (of any size) in NYC. I don't mean we have to be babied or that we can't "take it."

What I mean it that is so far outside our ken that it will ring hollow. You won't feel it, you won't empathize with it-- you won't believe it.

And no matter what they do after it happens, it's not going to feel "right."
It all depends on how they do it.

Wulf Ratbane said:
I basically stopped watching 24 this season as soon as a similar incident happened. The actors couldn't pull it off, and I didn't buy it. It killed the show for me.
For the future, please keep spoilers for other shows out of threads where they don't belong...

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Dracomeander said:
So mother Petrelli is the Haitian's 'higher power in Claire's life.'
So where, authority wise, does that put her in the Linderman group?

I think we're looking at multiple rival 'groups' here, and she's the head of - or high up in - another group apart from Linderman's. Maybe she's the mutant Underground Railroad.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Uh-huh...Sounds like someone has been around. What are you NOT telling us man?!!
Steel_Wind said:
Know something - you're right.

I had this idea that Peter was near Ted when he was being questioned in the police station by the FBI chickie and Parkman.

Because we had seen that Ted was being held in the last interrogation room by the same pair. So somehow - I imagined that Peter had
already got close enough to Ted at that time.

Which is kind of true - except one interrogation room was in LA - while the other was in Odessa Texas. ;)

FBI. So many interrogation rooms - so many cities.
My bad :)

drothgery

First Post
I think Mohinder hasn't played enough D&D. Any good gamers would have shot Sylar right away (after finding out he was the creapy evil super, and capturing him), cut off his head, burned the body, and scattered the ashes.

papastebu

First Post
Did Peter actually come into contact with Ted? I don't remember seeing that. I don't think that I've missed any of the episodes, between Sci-Fi and NBC. If they did meet at some point, then when? I've been waiting for it to happen, but I'm almost sure it hasn't yet. Remember how ted couldn't control his power at first, and how Peter couldn't get a handle on anything, merely sponging off of other supers in range?

I think that Ted and Peter are due to meet, and Peter will start emitting uncontrolled radiation, or get stressed and KABOOM! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
papastebu said:
Did Peter actually come into contact with Ted? I don't remember seeing that.

I thought they met when Ted's wife was in the hospital. Ted had killed the doctor who treated his wife's cancer.

EDIT: Nope, that was Matt. Crud.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hmm, the new Heroes graphic novel adds a bit of a twist to things, but seems to have a few minor discrepancies as well. :\

Wulf Ratbane said:
I thought they met when Ted's wife was in the hospital. Ted had killed the doctor who treated his wife's cancer.

Matt and Audrey arrested Ted there, but I don't recall Peter being anywhere nearby at that time.

papastebu

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

You may be right, but it's been awhile. I guess I'll have to wait for future installments or until the DVD--you know it will--comes out.

I will own it.

Yes.

I will own it.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads