• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#26)---10/08/07-'Kindred'

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
0000042273_20070824163919.jpg

Kindred

Star: Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet), Dania Ramirez (Maya Herrera), Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah Sanders), Dana Davis (Monica), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Zachary Quinto (Sylar), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)

Recurring Role: James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi), Adair Tishler (Molly Walker)

Guest Star: Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet), Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli), David Anders (Taseko Kensei), Nick D'Agosto (West), Shalim Ortiz (Alejandro Herrera), Katie Carr (Caitlin), Barry Shabaka Henley (Det. Bryan Fuller), Dominic Keating (Will), Holt McCallany (Ricky), Eriko Tamura (Yaeko), Stephen Tobolowsky (Bob)

Suresh finds an undiscovered Issac Mendez painting that shows someone's death; Maya frees Alejandro from a Mexican jail; in the past Hiro discovers something new about Kensei; and Niki and Micah leave Las Vegas to get away from their past.​

Steel_Wind

Legend
Well - it seems fairly clear that the virus has spread to Sylar at last. Given that Molly Walker has the disease - and that he played in the brains and blood of both of her parents who probably also had it - I would guess that is the link to virus (assuming it spreads in normal fashion).

Just goes to show you - serial killing and splashing your fingers in people's brains is a "high risk activity". Always wear latex gloves when stealing powers...

Otherwise, I would say this one was the weakest in the season so far. It was a slow episode about transition. Rather like the episode I expected #2 to be - and which wasn't.

Ah well. There's always next week.

Last edited:

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
So if Sylar has the disease, does that mean that he wasn't able to get Candace's power?

If so, that's a *very* good thing. Sylar with illusion powers would be a truly terrifying super villain.

Pants

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Otherwise, I would say this one was the weakest in the season so far. . It was a slow and episode about transition. Rather like the episode I expected #2 to be - and which wasn't.
Ditto.

Kind of a meh episode overall. Seemed too jumpy, too unfocused. Some of the best 1st Season episodes revolved around only a few of the characters, this episode just tried to cram too much in and I just don't think it really did anything well except set stuff up for later.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Cheiromancer said:
So if Sylar has the disease, does that mean that he wasn't able to get Candace's power?

If so, that's a *very* good thing. Sylar with illusion powers would be a truly terrifying super villain.

No - I think he does know how to master illusions now. He just can't manifest any of his acquired powers because of the virus (presumably the virus, that is). He certainly appeared to understand Candace's power - or believed that he did. He doesn't a poke a finger in someone's head and then snap his fingers to acquire a new power like it's a divinely granted wish. He KNOWS how it works after he goes poking about. And all indications were that he KNEW how it worked.

If his own "intuitive understanding" was not able to work - he'd have been mystified - and he was not.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
That doesn't make sense, then. I thought Sylar's power was figuring out how other people's powers work. He can sort of tell when they're alive, but to get enough knowledge to acquire the power he has to look at their brains.

But if that were his power, he shouldn't have been able to use it while infected with the virus.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Cheiromancer said:
That's very weird. I thought Sylar's power was figuring out how other people's powers work. He can sort of tell when they're alive, but to get enough knowledge to acquire the power he has to look at their brains.

But if that were his power, he shouldn't have been able to use it while infected with the virus.

The virus moves in stages? From suppressing flashier powers to more passive innate ones at the last? Who knows?

What does some clear is that the writers are moving in to full "Hollywood" mode now. Rewriting character's stores and situational baggage to make their stories fit the long term needs of the show. As a result we have:

1 - Nathan becoming single and less self-assured. A non-congressman, it seems.
2: Peter who does not know who he is or his powers
3: Parkman without a pregnant wife
4: Nikki without a son at her heels and a husband
5: Sylar, now without uber-powers.
6: Mohinder: even his baggage changes to facilitate the story.

The two most popular characters from the first season who did not need any great realignment to their backgrounds to facilitate their stories: Hiro and Claire - continue unabated.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads