• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#26)---10/08/07-'Kindred'

Grymar

Explorer
Good episode, but yeah, it was transitional. It was mostly set up for the next few, including either the mid-season break or the season finale...HRG's showdown with death.

I liked how Hiro got to narrate his story a bit through the notes. I knew there had to be some way he was going to get a message to Ando. Him also pining for the love he can't have was really great.

Peter is actually interesting and not nearly as painfully emo as last year. It's cool watching him be able to use his powers reflexively but not intentionally. Did anyone else think of Spiderman when he was trying to use his power...

"Lightning Bolt!"
"Go web!"

The flight scene goes down as the cheesiest and worst scene in any episode of Heroes yet. Just not good at all.

I kind of got the impression that Sylar didn't actually kill Candace...that was just another illusion from her. Course, the whole pullout camera move makes that a bit suspect.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I kind of got the impression that Sylar didn't actually kill Candace...that was just another illusion from her. Course, the whole pullout camera move makes that a bit suspect.

That would be interesting; how could anyone trust anything at all around her? Still, I hope she's dead. She deserves it, and she's far, far too dangerous to run around free.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:

No - she's dead. That's why Sylar knows her power. That's why her corpse stops emitting her personal glamour and reveals her true self from the graphic novel.

Little cheesey that Heroes could not get the original actress to play her - but it's a tough go for Canadians on Heroes. They all die it seems :)

The real question is who was giving her orders? Was it the company or somebody else? Did the company stitch him up and give him the virus to neutralize him? What's the deal?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I want someone to slap Claire up the side of her head for her stupidity. I mean HELLO, her dad worked for the "bad guys" who wants her dead and dissected, so why in hell are is she surprised that he tagged found and tagged your boy friend when he was 10? Doesn't she remember that long talk he must have had with her family about why they are in hiding? Did she forget about the time he said that he did alot of bad things while working in the company and that he was afraid about what would happen if they found out her secret?

Also... was it just me or was there a definite Smallville vibe going on during Claire and her boyfriend's scenes?

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I want someone to slap Claire up the side of her head for her stupidity. I mean HELLO, her dad worked for the "bad guys" who wants her dead and dissected, so why in hell are is she surprised that he tagged found and tagged your boy friend when he was 10? Doesn't she remember that long talk he must have had with her family about why they are in hiding? Did she forget about the time he said that he did alot of bad things while working in the company and that he was afraid about what would happen if they found out her secret?
What made you think she was surprised that her father might have done something like that? I didn't get that at all. Having it all come home to roost, though, making it personal, that's why she's hurt. It's not stupid at all.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Claire had a look of mortification and surprise when she saw the 'tags' and he said he remembered the man with the Horned Rim Glasses. The look was brief and then turned to on of bitterness.

What I find problematic is the fact that Claire ALREADY knows about the implants and that Mr. Bennit used to abduct people for the company ("company Man"). Also considering that the whole Bennet family has been in danger, I don't buy it that Mr. Bennit still is keeping them, especially Claire, in the dark about what the company did and why they did it. After all how many times did Mr. Bennit said "I'll tell you everything later."

I also don't see how what happened to the boy made it "personal." I mean, did Claire forget about season one? Did she forget how about four months ago the Haitian mind wiped the entire family and her friends at her father's whim? Did she forget how Matt and the Ted held the family hostage and how one of the company men and asked her dad to hand over Claire right after Ted had a melt down in her old house? If that didn't make things personal then why does her new boyfriend (who she knew for less then a week) being abducted 10 years ago make things personal? In my view, it has been personal ever since her last Homecoming game.

If anything, Claire should be asking herself if she's even safe in California. Also, why didn't she do the logical thing and inform West about the company, and her father? More importantly, how DIDN'T West see HRG yet? I mean wasn't he flouting outside the house while the entire family ate dinner? And couldn't he have seen HRG when she nearly ran Claire over?

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Hmm a mei episode. Like someone else said, they're trying to keep Sylar/Peter/Hiro away from the rest, due to their super super powers.

Relique du Madde said:
If that didn't make things personal then why does her new boyfriend (who she knew for less then a week) being abducted 10 years ago make things personal?

... Also, why didn't she do the logical thing and inform West about the company, and her father?

When was the last time you were a 17-year-old girl? You seem to have forgotten what they're like. ;)

Fast Learner

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Claire had a look of mortification and surprise when she saw the 'tags' and he said he remembered the man with the Horned Rim Glasses. The look was brief and then turned to on of bitterness.
Again, it was about making it personal. If you found out your dad used to kidnap some people and tag them, that would be shocking. If it turned out your dad kidnapped your new friend seven years ago, that would be something else, bringing it home, making it personal. The abstract isn't the same thing as the specific.

Also, why didn't she do the logical thing and inform West about the company, and her father?
How is that the logical thing? What, and have West zip down to the police station to have your dad arrested? That would be brilliant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads