• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#28)---10/22/07-'Flight or Fight'

Vocenoctum

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
See for me every time I've seen the crispy one it's always looked like Nathan, never Peter.

The first time it looked like Nathan, but was hard to tell. One other time it looked "clearly Peter" to me, but heck if I know.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Dire Bare said:
If our irish mobster is an immortal character, why would his sister also have to be? Not following your logic. The show clearly has related people having powers, but not the same power. At least up until tonight when we find that Parkman's dad has a very similar, if not the same, power as his son.

Because if their parents were 1000 years ago, it'd be hard for her to not be immortal... unless the parents were also immortal, or something.

Also, it's very possible that mobster guy (what's his name?) IS an immortal! As others have pointed out, he could regenerate, or perhaps take on a new body, or something equally as weird. We just might see him in a future episode . . . .

Sure, he could have something like that, but I think they just changed their mind and either delayed the character until later, or dropped it.

For Power Inheritance, I think Parkmans are the first time there HAS been an inheritance. Though I'm still hoping flyboy turns out to be another illegitimate child of Nathans.

Fast Learner

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
The first time it looked like Nathan, but was hard to tell. One other time it looked "clearly Peter" to me, but heck if I know.
Freezing the scenes on the DVR, it always looks like Nathan. I thought I saw Peter in one, too, watching it live, but when I went back and froze it, it was clearly Nathan.

It sure is a popular theory, though. Makes me wonder why people (myself included) are seeing it.

Taelorn76

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
I suppose that the powers are similar, but I think Maury's is a little different. He creates an entire dream world which interacts with and is adapted on the fly by the target's mind. This is quite different from Candace's (now Sylar's power). That power is a mental illusion totally under the control of the creator of the illusion; moreover, it is a waking illusion which co-exists and integrates with the real world. It selectively overrides part of the real "awake" world in a way that Maury's does not.

A distinction with a difference. It does not appear that Candace could telpathically read minds or project a thought, as such. Her power of illusion was more continuous and, depending on your point of view, more subtle.
Maybe she developed the illusion part of her powers first. She wanted to hide or change herself from those around her. So she got the illusions to work. Maury like Matt may have wanted to find out what was going on in some one's head so they got the power they needed.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Relique du Madde said:
In my case it so that Nathan doesn't have to die for Sylar to pick up flight. Having Wes die would be so much more satisfying.

If Sylar wants to fly, he should be able to "figure out" that TK will do nicely.

Hijinks

First Post
I'm bored.

I think they keep introducing new heroes/villains to keep viewers interested, but then they have whole episodes without certain cornerstone characters. So viewers are getting bored without seeing their favorites.

I like Hiro the best and honestly don't care that much about Claire. I want to drool over Kensei, dangit.

They've got too many people to keep track of and not enough time in the show to do it.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
\

Yes, because then he'll have to keep his filthy hands off our cheerleader.

That's the other problem. Flyboy makes her lie about their relationship, so she must pretend to be a cheerleader. This could mean he deprives us of the outfit, since otherwise she would be a cheerleader! (Unless of course she wears it as part of the deception...)

Remove ads