• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#28)---10/22/07-'Flight or Fight'

Steel_Wind

Legend
Ed_Laprade said:
Edit: Oh yeah, and I guess this will end the speculation that Cait's brother is the 500 year old immortal. I always wondered why people thought that.

Because the original description of Season 2 Episode #1 has Peter meeting up with a 1,000 year old irish mobster. There was no reason other than this episode description to suggest this was so.

The description appears to have been wrong in some way. I'll guess we'll see how wong as the season progresses.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Steel_Wind said:
Because the original description of Season 2 Episode #1 has Peter meeting up with a 1,000 year old irish mobster. There was no reason other than this episode description to suggest this was so.

The description appears to have been wrong in some way. I'll guess we'll see how wong as the season progresses.

Maybe, Ricky was initially intended to be a 1000 years old but the writers decided that his character sucked so they got rid of his power and killed him off then conveniently forgot to update the episode summery after the episode when into post production.

The Crippler

First Post
Best episode so far this year.

Question - The 9th Wonders comic that Micah had. Was it a "new" issue? I got the impression that it was a later issue then the ones we had already seen. Since it was Isaac who had been drawing the comic, either he's not dead, or someone else has his power... or.. I'm putting too much into it.

Something makes me think there were only a few issues of the comic and that this issue came out AFTER the "last" issue featuring the death of Sylar.

dravot

First Post
DonTadow said:
My guess as well is that the burned figure is Peter, and Nathan still recognizes him as such regardless.

Why do people keep saying this? It's clearly Nathan. Peter's face is much narrower. The burnt figure has Nathan's broad jawline.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Crippler said:
Best episode so far this year.

Question - The 9th Wonders comic that Micah had. Was it a "new" issue? I got the impression that it was a later issue then the ones we had already seen. Since it was Isaac who had been drawing the comic, either he's not dead, or someone else has his power... or.. I'm putting too much into it.

Something makes me think there were only a few issues of the comic and that this issue came out AFTER the "last" issue featuring the death of Sylar.

It is possible that Issac was either one of the creators of the series (and his partner is continuing it) or that Issac was only a guest artist/writer.

Last edited:

papastebu

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Maybe, Ricky was initially intended to be a 1000 years old but the writers decided that his character sucked so they got rid of his power and killed him off then conveniently forgot to update the episode summery after the episode when into post production.
Maybe he is 1000 years old, and he's not really dead, and maybe his sister's not really his sister, or maybe, just maybe, they were talking about someone else entirely. Maybe every time he dies, he gets a whole new body, the The Doctor?

papastebu

First Post
I still think, as far-fetched as it sounds, that Jessica wasn't a personality of Nikki's, except insofar as she jumped out of her own body when her father killed her, and into Nikki's.

Peter then absorbed her power to do that, and jumped into Nathan at the time of his death-by-hellstorm.
Somehow, Nathan is not burned to a crisp, but feels that he should be, and that mixed with bits and pieces of Peter's psyche are what drives him to try and off the Old Heroes.

Maybe with Peter's psyche came a weaker version of his empathic mimicry?

The dreams for each man, Nate and Matt, are cobbled together from insecurities that the elder Parkman found when he went rummaging around in their brains.

Most of us agreed, last season, that what each hero can do is a matter of their personality combined with their circumstances. What if, at its most basic level, there is only one power, and they all have it to some extent? Most only get so far, like with the illusion girl, or Nathan's flight or D.L.'s phasing. BUT, anyone could learn to do just about anything any of the others could do, if they could just get their heads around a concept from their point of view?

Welcome to higher humanity! Welcome to transcending yourself!

Just some thoughts that I found interesting. :)

Dire Bare

Legend
Ed_Laprade said:
Oh yeah, and I guess this will end the speculation that Cait's brother is the 500 year old immortal. I always wondered why people thought that. If he were, then his sister would have to have the same power. (Or one of his parents, and she's his half sister...)

If our irish mobster is an immortal character, why would his sister also have to be? Not following your logic. The show clearly has related people having powers, but not the same power. At least up until tonight when we find that Parkman's dad has a very similar, if not the same, power as his son.

Micah doesn't phase through walls or have super strength. Nathan can't absorb other's powers.

Also, it's very possible that mobster guy (what's his name?) IS an immortal! As others have pointed out, he could regenerate, or perhaps take on a new body, or something equally as weird. We just might see him in a future episode . . . .

Dire Bare

Legend
dravot said:
Why do people keep saying this? It's clearly Nathan. Peter's face is much narrower. The burnt figure has Nathan's broad jawline.

Actually, the crispy figure Nathan keeps seeing in mirrors seems to alternate between a crispy Peter and a crispy Nathan. Or at least, that's what I'm seeing.

Dire Bare

Legend
Felon said:
So, with Matt's dad, we've got evidence of powers evolving over time.

Half-Baked Theory Fresh From the Oven: Linderman is the "Whitebeard" that Hiro is going to fight. He's not merelely a healer, but a regenerator like Claire. Regeneration powers evolve to grant both immunity to aging and the ability to heal others.

In the online comics, Linderman is shown coming into his powers as a soldier in Vietnam alongside Nathan and Peter's dad. He is a healer, but does not regenerate (although, just as good, he might be able to heal himself if somebody doesn't phase a fist into his brain instantly killing him first).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads