• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heward's Handy Haversack = free Quickdraw? +Quiver of Ehlonna questions

Lord Pendragon

First Post
ARandomGod said:
If that's not going to happen, then it's because the weight doesn't matter, and if the weight doesn't matter, then once again I can place a very, very sharp sword in even a cotton bag without piercing it!
Hrm. That's a good point. And ruling it your way cuts a little more of the nitpicking out of my adjudication, which I like. No need to worry about whether the sword is sheathed or not when put into the bag.
That depends on if you want to move after taking your standard action. In my groups at any rate they've ruled that 'handing something off to someone' is a move action. And it's a move action for them to accept it. So dropping it and having it retrieved is the only way to go if you need to also use your move action. Personally I think that's a little harsh, and if they're going to spend a move action to accept it then it should be able to be considered a free action to hand it off, just like dropping it.
Aaaah. My groups tend to be very lenient when it comes to passing things off, whether it be between hands or between characters. So there's no need for us to worry about designing a system to convert "passing off" into "dropping" to save actions.
Still, it's a lovely idea, isn't it? I came up with it mostly in conjunction with an Eberron character I'm making... who's only going to have one level of spellcaster (going dragon disciple) and therefore can make good use of wands... Now look at the "eternal wand" in Eberron. 2 uses a day, unlimited 'charges'. Only up to third level spells, but still. For a character with only one caster level it's a benifit that it uses the wand's caster level. Turning retrieval and storage of a wand into a completely free action is just awesome.
It is. I need to remember this the next time I get a chance to play a full wizard, even. I love the idea of a familiar sitting on my wizard's shoulder like a nurse in an operation. "Fireball!" "Mrowr!" "Lightning Bolt!" "Mrooowr!" Very nice. :)

Elephant

First Post
Ki Ryn said:
Also, a really nasty (and smart) villian could hire some goblin archers (with their handy True Strike potions) to shoot an arrow or two in the heroe's backbacks (striking a worn object). Can you imagine the woe and anquish when the bag is pierced and all of it's contents are lost forever? :eek:

Err...Potions of True Strike are impossible by the RAW (range: personal spells can't be made into potions).

apesamongus

First Post
ARandomGod said:
While activating a magic item is a standard action, the Efficient Quivver* is a use activated item, so that you don't have to activate it yourself, it simply is active.
That's how I would read it.

ARandomGod

First Post
Elephant said:
Err...Potions of True Strike are impossible by the RAW (range: personal spells can't be made into potions).

Heheh. OK, replace "potion" with "elixer".

You know, I feel compelled to point out that it's rulings like this that originally prompted me to say that Brew Potion is a completely wasted feat. Craft wonderous item can do everything it can do, and more. It can even make 'potions', although they're techincally labeled "elixers" and "oils", etcetera.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads