D&D 5E Hexblade spells

ZickZak

Explorer
Hi,
I m creating level 5 Hexblade of the Blade / level 1 Divine soul Sorcerer.

My current spells are the ones below and I am unsure about Blink vs Mirror Image, Fear vs Hypnotic Pattern. Suggestion and Shield I could live without.
Do you have any suggestions on which spells to replace and why? Thank you

3rd: Blink, Fear
2nd: Hold person, Suggestion
1st: Disguise self, Expeditious retreat, Hex, Shield,
Silent image (Misty Visions), Cure wounds (Divine Soul sorcerer)
Cant: Blade ward, Control flames, Friends, Light, Minor illusion, Thaumaturgy, Word of radiance

ClockworkNinja

Explorer
Shield is literally "You hit me? No you didn't." Why would you want to live without that? Suggestion is useful too "Your buddy's armor is cursed! You need to undress him right away!"

I prefer Mirror and Hypnotic over Blink and Fear, just for being more predictable.

Blade ward is one of the least useful cantrips in the game, while eldritch blast is one of the best (particularly combined with the Agonizing Blast invocation). So I suggest you swap that out. Even if you want to stay in melee, it's good to have a ranged option to use against flying or far away enemies.

You may also want to get Absorb Elements in there if possible.

Volund

Explorer
If you are looking to swap out Suggestion I would take Misty Step instead. Too many uses to list, and best of all it is a bonus action spell.

ZickZak

Explorer
Re the Eldritch Blast... I have the Improved Pact Weapon invocation, which gives me the option to create a bow.
The character is kinda a rogue / assassin, so I use bow as my main weapon. Melee is an option I like to have, but it s rare.

Remove ads