Hey everyone! What's new?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Welcome back, Ny! Both you and Thunderfoot have been below the radar for so long, I was beginning to jones for conversations about metal around here! (And T-Foot just came back recently his own bad self.)

In my neck of the woods, since 4Ed's release, the money I would normally spend on D&D has been redirected to buying gear for my guitar. I got a Fender HRD for Christmas, and have been going nuts for pedals.

I now own a Korg Pitchblack+, a nearly complete selection of Line6 ToneCores, a Krank Distortus Maximus, an ElectroHarmonix Russian Big Muff π, a Boss RE-20 and RT-20, a Virtual Sound H20 Chorus/Echo and an EP-1 Envelope Phaser and a Mothership Synth/Ring Modulator from Pigtronix.

And no, I'm not done yet.

By the time I'm finished, I will need a Hummer to tote my pedalboard...

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Welcome back.

What is new is I got a new TV. I thought it was too big and P-Cat and Morrus laughed at me. It keeps me up at night.

I like the name of your band.

Is it still snowing in Canada?

Treebore

First Post
Hey Ny! I am still around, but not nearly as much. I'm still not playing 3E/PF or 4E, and still playing C&C.

I just subscribed to KQ myself, its very nicely done, and I will be buying back issues ASAP. Probably PDF only.

IF your interested in checking out the old school scene check out Fight On! and Knockspell.

I hope you aren't wanting to get any WOTC PDF's, none are currently available and I have yet to hear when, if ever, we'll see PDF's again. They claim we'll see them sometime.

Goodman Games is also releasing a exclusively 4E magazine this week, so go to your LGS and check it out. Its at an amazing price of only $2.00 (US). There is a good review or two already up here on ENWorld. Its also available as PDF, but its more expensive than getting it in print at your LGS, all because of Goodmans desire to support LGS'.

If you happen to be a fan of Twilight 2000 Twilight 2013 arrived last week and will be in stores some time after April 29th.

That's all I can think of for now.

Nyaricus

First Post
Aus_Snow - hey man! Yah, we're getting plenty of gigs here in town, and I've recently teamed up with two friends and I'm getting into promotions and we're getting some awesome local and touring bands shows here! It's pretty exciting times... I've been very busy with that on top of my band proper and university.

Piratecat thanks for the welcome back P-kitty!

Mark - thanks mate!

(Edition) War. (Edition) War never changes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man, that is a beautiful quote. I want the t-shirt :D

Dannyalcatraz, that is rather ridiculous! I bought a guitar off a buddy for the price of a metal show ticket back in January, but I've yet to pick it up.... it's definitely a goal of mine though.

Scott_Rouse - in parts, it is! Currently here in Winnipeg, it's a cool +13*C, or about... hmm +50*F for those using a less sane system ( :p )

Treebore - I've still yet to get into C&C, but I always loved the sound of it... you can buy the books in paper format, right?

Drowbane - thanks for digging the name, but the link works for me :S

So, it's basically 4e vs Pathfinder? Doesn't really surprise me... it was leaning towards that before... good to see OSRIC is doing well with plenty of spin-offs :D I quite liked the simplicity of that system...

So, do people think that maybe some of the pinch WotC is feeling is caused by people disillusioned by 4e, or just piracy, or the economic slump, or what?

Ummm, wow though, I kinda feel inundated here by responses - thanks for the hello's everyone!!! I'm not sure how frequent I am on being on the boards here, but I'm still the 3.75 homebrewer I always was, so I'm sure I'll see you all on the boards!

cheers,
--N

Remove ads