• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hi - We have the MALE HAG!!!! :)

Kafkonia

First Post
dante58701 said:
And then there are male hags which are called - Methuselahs. This is actually historically accurate depending on which "real" mythos you use and which culture you are in.

Out of curiosity, what culture have you encountered that uses that term? Because "Methuselah" is the name of a Biblical figure, and I've never encountered it with this meaning before...

Indeed, I have no idea how the conceptual migration from "old Biblical guy" to "male counterpart to the hag" would have happened, and I'm curious.

Edit: I did some googling and the closest connection I can come up with is that some shrivelled up folks from White Wolfs games are called Methuselahs.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
It's from some pseudochristian gypsy lore. Essentially cross cultural fables that took things from christianity and blended it with more common folklore. Im not sure how it all got started...but those are the origins of the idea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads