• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[HIVEMIND] Back to School, Back to Basics, Back to the HIVE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallok

First Post
demiurge1138 said:

And what's so bad about that, Tallok? It's better then, say, interpretive dance and surrealist art.
It's not bad, I mean, Dali did a sculpture for Alice in Wonderland, but when "normal" people (wondering about word choice) make these mixtures, strange things happen, not bad, but strange

Tallok

First Post
Arc said:
Ouch. Internal body clocks are really, really painful. Sleep should come when I want, darnit, not when my body says so.

Mind over matter, that's it. Mind over matter.
Yup, it generally went the past few nights: "I want to watch [insert TV show], but it's on at 11:30, it's only 9:30 and I can't stay up any more"
I'm getting out of that now, as I'm up and it's about 12:30

Arc

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
And what's so bad about that, Tallok? It's better then, say, interpretive dance and children's stories.
Hey, interpretive dance is great! The ability to communicate nothing at all, while looking really interesting in the process, is one that everyone can use.

Arc

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Well, Arc, unless you've stood on your head to many times, your mind should be over most of your matter.
I actually did gymnastics for a couple of years, so...

Hmm... searching for a more witty quip... ah, got it: Define up.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Well, Alice in Wonderland was pretty surreal to begin with.

Hmm... most children's stories are pretty twisted, now that I think about it. Especially since, at least in the good old days, there were little details like torture, rape and cannabilism. As much as I distrust Disney, at least he cleaned things up in the groteque violence department. Although it is equally surreal to have characters burst into song every 15 minutes.

I'm sorry. I'm blithering.

Tallok

First Post
Arc said:

Hey, interpretive dance is great! The ability to communicate nothing at all, while looking really interesting in the process, is one that everyone can use.
Thus, abstract art
Surrealism is great because it looks interesting, sometimes communicates something, but doesn't force you to comprehend anything if you don't want to

Arc

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Well, Alice in Wonderland was pretty surreal to begin with.

Hmm... most children's stories are pretty twisted, now that I think about it. Especially since, at least in the good old days, there were little details like torture, rape and cannabilism. As much as I distrust Disney, at least he cleaned things up in the groteque violence department. Although it is equally surreal to have characters burst into song every 15 minutes.

I'm sorry. I'm blithering.
I think those little details are the best part. The morals in most modern adaptations are so twisted from the original, they really have lost the original intent of the stories: Scare the living beejeesus out of the little tykes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads