[HIVEMIND] Back to School, Back to Basics, Back to the HIVE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

First Post
Tallok said:
Thus, abstract art
Surrealism is great because it looks interesting, sometimes communicates something, but doesn't force you to comprehend anything if you don't want to
Exactly. I find that surrealist art is more open than other forms of art. It invites the viewer to provide their own message and interpretation of the piece, rather than attempting to force one down the throats of the audience. This fostering of creativity in both the artist and the viewer is a wonderful thing.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Arc said:

Hmm... searching for a more witty quip... ah, got it: Define up.
That isn't exactly what I'd call witty... It's more Zen, or Clintonian, or physics-ian (notice how one simple prefix can turn any noun into an adjective!).

Now, if you had quoted from "You Are Old, Father William", I would have been rather more impressed. (And I've tied this into the Alice in Wonderland/bizarro children's stories conversation! Score!)

Tallok

First Post
Yeah, ya know, if you think about all children's stories, they're really very violent. That's why I think it's odd for parents to worry about video games and movies being violent, and then reading little red riding hood to their children

Arc

First Post
Eternalknight said:
So who's gonna be the one to start the new hive thread?
Not I. I'm still dipping my proverbial toes into the Hive, I don't know if I've got what it takes ;)

Hmmm... howabout demi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads