• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hivemind]What did you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Morris

First Post
Dragongirl said:
I am using an old HP Pavillion p2 333 Mhz, 128 RAM
though if I can fix my other computer I will use a
1400 Mhz Athalon, 640 RAM

Definately downgrade to AoL 5.0.

I mean, do you put a Detroit Diesel (Big Rig motor) in a Volkswagen beetle?? No. Nothing wrong with Beetles, but they tend to work better with the right size engine. Same case here.

Dragongirl

First Post
Skade said:
Dragongirl, you reformatted from DOS, right? No upgrades, but a fresh install completly. You deleted all partitions, and formatted to NTFS (I'm assuming Win XP)?

I would get an old win 95/98 boot disk, do the above steps from a floppy, and then install.
I dont think I had partitions, was a total reformat of the HD. No idea what a NTFS is. Did use a win 98 boot disk. I use Win 98 though have an XP upgrade disk.

Skade

Explorer
Turn resistance is nice. Especially if every one of the buggers must be turned for any of them to be turned.

Crothian

First Post
Give them bonus to spot and listen, what one sees they all see etc. Bonus to Will saving throws or ability to reroll the save.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Skade said:
**Scathing look reserved for Mac users....**
**which looks kind of loses all its mustard in the bit that follows about DOS, reformatting to NTFS, floppies and so on...**

Seriously, sorry to hear about all your troubles, DG. I'm sure you won't have to spend money to solve your problems. Time, yes, money, no.

I'm sure that a new computer of any type isn't the best solution for you.

Skade

Explorer
Dragongirl said:

I dont think I had partitions, was a total reformat of the HD. No idea what a NTFS is. Did use a win 98 boot disk. I use Win 98 though have an XP upgrade disk.

At which point would it crash, was it always at the same point? Was it during install, or in windows?

Dragongirl

First Post
Michael_Morris said:
Definately downgrade to AoL 5.0.

I mean, do you put a Detroit Diesel (Big Rig motor) in a Volkswagen beetle?? No. Nothing wrong with Beetles, but they tend to work better with the right size engine. Same case here.
Michael, I don't have any problems with anything else using AOL 8.0 that I can identify is the problem of the version. I am not going to degrade my program just so I can see your toolbar with no downtime, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads