HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Couple things could apply.

One - the target isn't in combat with his allies. They say you are constantly moving when in melee even though the mini's are stationary. Makes it harder to hit the exact target.

Two - You don't care enough to take the time to aim like you do when you don't want to hit a friend. You just take your shot not caring if it hits your enemies allies.

Three - To make it simple. Like other rules that don't follow the way the real world works. Like casting lightning bolt at a pond full of bullywugs.

Loh and Toddy are up if someone can get in 4 hp of damage this thing just might go down.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As I said, I'm fine with either ruling. But of the three reasons you listed, number three is the only one that doesn't break down under scrutiny (and is likely the "real" one ;)).

01 - Already covered by AC rules (if they're not moving, they're flat footed).
02 - If it's not going to hurt your allies, you wouldn't care whether or not you hit them accidentally.

But it is definitely simpler to leave it "as is."

Satin Knights

First Post
Toddy can't break DR unless he crits, so he went with the Aid Another. It is easier on his teeth. Well, there's no help that will get a nat 1 to hit. :p

Toddy was distracting enough Kee went instead of Loh, but the result is just the same. ;)

Qik

First Post
Sorry about the delay! I made the mistake of checking my game email before work, and then forgot to update once I got home. :blush:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The aid another for Firvin's attack is possibly wasted. Can Disrupt Undead be a melee touch attack as well? Seems logical, but I am not sure.

Does Firvin get AC bonus from cover provided stone slab. I am just confirming that she won't provoke an AoO from the Sythe if she casts a spell.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Don't think its wasted. You can 5' step and cast.

Aid Another seems to work for any attack roll made, so long as the melee to start with is met.

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, sounds correct. I just assumed it meant melee.

What about the cover issue? Firvin should be protected against AoO so she doesn't need to step back to avoid one.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It is close to a low obstacle and could provide cover if the scythe weren't floating just above it.

I probably should have listed it as difficult terrain as it is only where they beheaded prisoners so isn't overly tall. I'll be sure to list things in the future.

HM

Remove ads