HOARD OF THE DRAGON QUEEN on FANTASY GROUNDS

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

This Module Includes

the entire contents of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen adventure
image handouts that can be shared with players collectively or individually
maps containing information for the Dungeon Master (DM) only and with all locations pre-linked to story entries which may contain additional DM notes, boxed text, encounters, images and treasure parcels
maps with all hidden information removed and resized for use as tactical combat maps
11 bonus maps created by Zeph Ponos (aka Zeus) for use where maps were not provided in the original adventure
tokens for many of the monsters in the module. When no token is available, a letter token is used to represent the NPC
XP for encounters that can be dragged to the party sheet and awarded to the players as they complete them
Searchable monster indexes by CR, type and in alphabetical order​

Find it right here!

Hoard_Custom_Map_2.jpg

Hoard_Player_Handouts.jpg

Hoard_Player_Maps.jpg

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
A little late to the party, I'd say. WOTC's already forgotten all about the Tyranny of Dragons (their links to it on the site are already breaking) and anyone who was interested in HOTDQ would have played it months ago. We just finished it two weeks ago.
I'm interested and I haven't played it. Neither has my daughter and her friends who are interested in me running it for them. Or the couple of friends I have who are in totally separate gaming groups (including from each other) even though their groups are heavy into playing 5e with their homebrew campaign. They're interested in playing HotDQ but haven't gotten too it yet. So I think you may be generalizing something that isn't necessarily true.

Warunsun

First Post
A little late to the party, I'd say. WOTC's already forgotten all about the Tyranny of Dragons (their links to it on the site are already breaking) and anyone who was interested in HOTDQ would have played it months ago. We just finished it two weeks ago.
The first 5E game in my group of gamers is being ran by myself and we started a World of Greyhawk campaign and I passed on the entire Tyranny of Dragons series. Instead I wrote some original introductory games plus I converted the Saltmarsh series to 5E. I had a print copy of U1 and I bought the rest at dndclassics.com. Now that the Elemental Evil series is out I started running it for my group since it is very easy to convert to the home of Elemental Evil.

The group I get to play in (which started about 2 months after my campaign) started with the Lost Mines of Phandelver then just a few games ago started the beginning of the Tyranny of Dragons series. So we just started it a few weeks back. The DM decided his Tyranny of Dragons set in the DragonLance setting was going to have two sets of characters. He had planned on running some of the D&D Next labeled games such as Scourge of the Sword Coast but has reconsidered it. I am fine with that decision and hoping he makes some sessions up. So we each have two characters but they operate separately in their own party set in the same overall campaign. I have seen this done well back during AD&D 2nd Edition. Not sure if it will work as good this time but so far it hasn't broken yet.

smiteworks

Explorer
I am guessing that the Elemental Evil Player's Companion will be a separate pack and will be very cheap.

This.

That content is also included in the full Princes of the Apocalypse pack but will be broken out as a separate, small purchase for people who just want the race and other player info without the adventure.

What happens if I just want to be a player and have all the player content? What would I need to buy?

smiteworks

Explorer
What happens if I just want to be a player and have all the player content? What would I need to buy?

To use the licensed D&D content, you'll need either a standard license ($39) or a standard monthly sub ($3.99) and then whatever content player content you want. The Complete Core Class Pack ($49.99) has all the content from the PHB and the portraits -- basically all the classes pack stuff and the PC Customization Pack stuff rolled into one package.

That would let you build your character off-line from your DM.

If you don't mind building your character while connected to your DM's campaign, the DM can share access to their purchased player modules for use in building a character for the campaign you are a part of. If they have an Ultimate license or Ultimate sub, then all you need is the Free/Demo license.

Banesfinger

Explorer
While I know Fantasy Grounds (FG) is meant for groups to play while online, our group plays a traditional face-to-face game. However, some of the tools FG has are very appealing for organizing, record keeping, etc.

We want to set this up, with a DM running (behind screen) and a 'single' player controlling all the players (not everyone has, or is willing to bring laptops), and broadcast to a big screen TV in the room.

Does anyone have any advice for this kind of face-to-face set-up?

Remove ads

Remove ads