• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hollow's Last Hope [IC]

Azgulor

Adventurer
Cyryn nods in thanks to the bartender, both for the ale and the information. He turns back to the room to raise his tankard and shout, "Nice speech!" before turning to regard the lovely warrior at his side.

"Don't run off, now. I hear the powers-that-be are as tight with their money as a dwarven moneychanger, but perhaps we could convince them otherwise. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a healer along, much as I hate to admit it.", he says with a nod towards Jared.

Flashing Hakkara his best smile, Cyryn extends his hand, "I'm Cyryn."

Insight

Adventurer
Azgulor said:
Cyryn nods in thanks to the bartender, both for the ale and the information. He turns back to the room to raise his tankard and shout, "Nice speech!" before turning to regard the lovely warrior at his side.

"Don't run off, now. I hear the powers-that-be are as tight with their money as a dwarven moneychanger, but perhaps we could convince them otherwise. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a healer along, much as I hate to admit it.", he says with a nod towards Jared.

Flashing Hakkara his best smile, Cyryn extends his hand, "I'm Cyryn."

"You expect to work with that boaster?" Hakkara asked Cyryn. She looked Jared up and down. "Though... healing magic does have its worth. Can such a priest be trusted in the heat of battle? I trust only my sword and my own abilities. Those who would do battle at my side must earn my trust."

"Are you proposing that we seek work together?" Hakkara continued. She looked around the tavern. "Not much luck on my own. It wouldn't hurt."

Turning to Cyryn, and taking his hand, "I am called Hakkara."

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
YeOldeAlbatross said:
Jared's speech elicits a smattering of light applause, mixed with some laughter and a few catcalls.
"Well, be off with you then, O savior of the Hollow!" someone's voice rings out from the back of the common room.

The priest let the insults and the catcalls roll of his back. His unswerving serving as a shield versus thier slings and arrows. "So who amongst you has the mettle to accompany on this noble deed?" Jared asks scanning the room, meeting each person's gaze unblinkingly.

Last edited:

Azgulor

Adventurer
Shaking the warrior-woman's hand, Cyryn replies, "I'd be honored to work with you, Hakkara. I'll be the envy of every man in town just being in your company. As to the town's would-be savior over there, I'm no healer so boaster or no, I'm hoping he learned more from his church than how to give sermons."

Hearing Jared's challenge to the crowd, Cyryn winks at Hakkara before raising his tankard and shouting, "Here priest! Here are two who can stand with you."

hero4hire

Explorer
Azgulor said:
Hearing Jared's challenge to the crowd, Cyryn winks at Hakkara before raising his tankard and shouting, "Here priest! Here are two who can stand with you."

Jared banged his helm to his shield as a form of applause. "Two stalwart souls! Wonderful. Your efforts will not go unrewarded. If not in this life then the next! Who else will follow this fine couple's example?"

Last edited:

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
hero4hire said:
The priest let the insults and the catcalls roll of his back. His unswerving serving as a shield versus thier slings and arrows. "So who amongst you has the mettle to accompany on this noble deed?" Jared asks scanning the room, meeting each person's gaze unblinkingly.
The majority of the locals return to their plates and cups, muttering to themselves of pressing commitments, or waving away Jared's question as the rhetoric of a zealous blowhard. It seems that Jared's call for aid will have to answered by those in the Sitting Duck who, like himself, are strangers to the town.

Insight

Adventurer
hero4hire said:
Jared banged his helm to his shield as a form of applause. "Two stalwart souls! Wonderful. Your efforts will not go unrewarded. If not in this life then the next! Who else will follow this fine couple's example?"

Hakkara slowly backed away from Cyryn and Jared, watching the two interact and saying nothing. Almost as if sizing them up, two prize fighters, about to enter the ring. Or perhaps Hakkara was the prize fighter.

The barbarian warrior-maiden looked around the Sitting Duck, and eventually made her way back to the bar. Ordering another Falcon's Standard, she was alone for a time, letting the boasting priest and Cyryn discuss the finer details of whatever plan they'd cooked up.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Cyryn saw Hakkara drop back to the bar while he continued across the tavern towards the priest. Perhaps that's just as well, Cyryn thought, noting the disapproving glare of the attractive barmaid. Gods, what was her name? Banishing such thoughts as the girl went back to work, Cyryn couldn't help but notice how the locals went back to their meals and drinks, the priest apparently already forgotten. Disappointing, but harldy surprising, he thought.

Upon reaching the priest, Cyryn thrust out his hand in greeting. I'm Cyryn, friend. The lovely warrior by the bar is called Hakkara and we'd be glad to have your assistance in getting to the bottom of this plague business. Hopefully we can round up a few others to assist us. Surveying the room, Cyryn said in a lower voice, "Perhaps we should speak to those in power, here. My friend and I see no reason why we can't be rewarded in both this world and the next. After all, a person has to eat."

hero4hire

Explorer
Azgulor said:
Upon reaching the priest, Cyryn thrust out his hand in greeting. I'm Cyryn, friend. The lovely warrior by the bar is called Hakkara and we'd be glad to have your assistance in getting to the bottom of this plague business. Hopefully we can round up a few others to assist us. Surveying the room, Cyryn said in a lower voice, "Perhaps we should speak to those in power, here. My friend and I see no reason why we can't be rewarded in both this world and the next. After all, a person has to eat."

Grey orbs looked upon Cyryn for long moments. As if the Priest were somehow trying to look into the man's soul. Or at least take in his measure under the scrutiny.
"There may be wisdom in seeking council with this Town's Leaders. Money, gold, things are necessary to make ones way in the world. If payment were offered to me I would accept and put it to good use in Saranae's name. However know that Deeds that Need to be Done have little patience for Politics and will neither be delayed by Man's Laws nor Man's Greed. My instincts tell me to seek out this Apothecary first. If I were a Leader in this town I would've already offered this Laurel person payment for a cure after the Local Churches failed in thier duty."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads