Holy Sword/Sunblade

Seule

Explorer
I have a Halfling Paladin who is just getting up to the level where he will be able to cast Holy Sword. Unfortunately, he wields a Sunblade which is the size of a Bastard Sword but 'its enchantment enables the sun blade to be wielded as if it were a short sword'. This means that when I cast Holy Sword, supressing all other magic on the sword, it'll suddenly become as unwieldy as a bastard and I'll be completely unable to even swing the thing, let alone apply my shortsword feats to it. My question is whether this is really the case: Holy Sword says it suppresses all enhancements and powers of the weapon, and I'm really hoping that the Paladin's best spell bar none doesn't really render me incapable of fighting without packing an extra sword for the purpose.

--Seule

Artoomis

First Post
Sorry - you need to pack around an extra blade.

If this spell is cast on a magic weapon, the powers of the spell supersede any that the weapon normally has, rendering the normal enhancement bonus and powers of the weapon inoperative for the duration of the spell.

That is really quite clear. That's the trade off for this really great spell.

hong

WotC's bitch
The "treat like a shortsword" clause in the sun blade's description is extremely obnoxious IMO, opening the way for uses of Weapon Finesse and Two-Weapon Fighting that Man Was Not Meant To Know. Your halfling deserves everything he gets, and more. ;)

Remove ads