• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Homebrew Cleric Domain: LGBT Domain (Positive & Respectful)

SuperSam888

Explorer
This is a quick, somewhat lazy, and most likely broken domain, but I was inspired to try and will improve based on feedback. It is a hybrid Life/Light Domain with its own set of domain spells, and homebrew abilities at 6th and 17th level. Enjoy!

LGBT Cleric Domain:

Domain Spells:
1: Sanctuary, Color Spray
3: Beacon of Hope, Aura of Vitality
5: Reincarnate, Dream
7: Simulacrum, Prismatic Spray
9: Astral Projection, Shape Change

LV 1: Bonus Cantrip: Guidance

Lv 1: Disciple of Life: As Life Domain.

Lv 2: Channel Divinity: Radiance of the Dawn: As Light Domain.

Lv 6: Blessing of the Ally: When an ally within 30 feet of you fails a save you can motivate them to reroll and take the higher result. This has a number of uses per long rest equal to your wisdom modifier.

Lv 8: Potent Spellcasting: As Light Domain.

Lv 17: Anti-Hostility: You can use your action to make all hostile targets in a 60 ft radius make a charisma save. On a success they have disadvantage on their next attack against you. On a fail they lose all will to fight and become friendly to you for a number of hours equal to you wisdom modifier.

Last edited:

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Do I correctly understand that the LGBT Domain is all about safe spaces, rainbows, perseverance, and fluid definitions? If so, I'd say you're on the right track.

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly? Do you have a specific deity in mind?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
The Friends cantrip really doesn't fit into this theme. If you read the spell, it's basically a magical roofie that the victim remembers after it wears off.

Friends cantrip said:
For the duration, you have advantage on all Charisma checks directed at one creature of your choice that isn't hostile toward you. When the spell ends, the creature realizes that you used magic to influence its mood and becomes hostile toward you. A creature prone to violence might attack you. Another creature might seek retribution in other ways (at the DM's discretion), depending on the nature of your interaction with it.

SuperSam888

Explorer
Do I correctly understand that the LGBT Domain is all about safe spaces, rainbows, perseverance, and fluid definitions? If so, I'd say you're on the right track.

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly? Do you have a specific deity in mind?

Yes. Safe Spaces, Rainbows, Perseverance, and Fluid Definitions was my exact aim.

As to what I am trying to accomplish: I thought it would be fun. I'm a member of the LGBT community and was in a creative/contemplative mood while listening to a d&d podcast and surfing Tumblr, and the idea hit me so I was like "Hey, why not?" So yeah.

LGBT and self-expression go hand in hand so any deity you think would fit could work I suppose.
Personally, I think the following deities would work (going off the description in the back of the PHB)
  • Forgotten Realms: Eldath, Lathander, Lliira, Sune, and Torm
  • Greyhawk: Pelor and Rao
  • Dragonlance: Mishakal and Sirrion
  • Eberron: Boldrei, The Traveller, The Path of Light, and The Silver Flame
  • Celtic: Diancecht and Belenus
  • Greek: Aphrodite, Apollo, Dionysus, Hera, and Hestia
  • Egyptian: Bast, Hathor, Isis, Osiris, and Ptah
  • Norse: Balder, Freya, Frigga, Heimdall
  • Not Listed: I noticed some deities from the 4 real-world religions weren't listed but would fit:
    • Aphroditus (Greek god of union of men and women
    • Cliodhna (Celtic banshee goddess of love and beauty)
    • Lofn (Norse goddess of forbidden loves)
    • Eros (Greek god of Love)

clutchbone

First Post
Lv 17: Anti-Hostility - I'd suggest adding the charmed condition, the phrase "targets must be able to see or hear you", text about what happens after the duration (do they remember being charmed, etc), what happens if you or your allies attack them during the duration, and limiting it to once per long rest. This is an insane encounter-ending ability as is.

Maybe change the name, like "Enemies to Allies" or "Neutrality" or something? Anti-Hostility is a bit boring.

SuperSam888

Explorer
Lv 17: Anti-Hostility - I'd suggest adding the charmed condition, the phrase "targets must be able to see or hear you", text about what happens after the duration (do they remember being charmed, etc), what happens if you or your allies attack them during the duration, and limiting it to once per long rest. This is an insane encounter-ending ability as is.

Maybe change the name, like "Enemies to Allies" or "Neutrality" or something? Anti-Hostility is a bit boring.

Thanks, I will rework it.

gyor

Legend

Llirra Goddess of Joy is known to be specific GLBT friendly, she had a lesbian lover during the Time of Troubles.

And Shar and Sharess were lovers, but that didn't end well.

Sune had a Bisexual Chosen and so did Siamorphe.

gyor

Legend
The Friends cantrip really doesn't fit into this theme. If you read the spell, it's basically a magical roofie that the victim remembers after it wears off.

Wow, I would go with ecstacy which makes one friendlier I hear and not a roofie which knows you out.

Remove ads