I believe we need more giant variants in the game.
I created an account just to say thanks! Demetrios1453, you're an inspiration.
I've added all of your giant variants to my Game Master app on iPad, and am willing to share my entire updated compendium if anyone needs it.
So far, you've created:
- 4.5 Cloud variants: Mist Assassin, Oath Guard, Shaman, Count x2
- 4.5 Fire variants: Forgemaster, Mechanist, Pyromancer, Duke x2
- 6 Frost variants: Cambion, Cultist, Jarl, Reaver, War Chanter, Wrathbringer
- 2 Undead variants: Skeleton & Zombie. TftYP has a Giant Skeleton already; yours is CR 4; TftYP's is CR 7.
- 4 Hill variants: Chief, Priest, Skirmisher, Sourbreath
- 3 Stone variants: Rock Fist, Runecarver, Thane
- 3 Storm variants: King, Omen Reader, Stalker
Artificer, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue (x2), Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard;
(Basically all of the official classes.)
This is a lot of work! I'm currently running a pretty engrossing sandbox style SKT, and your work has been extremely helpful!
Recommendations (not all new):
- Emperor Giant - based off classic Titan concept, perhaps with some planar magic AND combined traits of other giants. Could be evil or good, but based off Lanaxis, son of Annam.
- Druid-based Stone Giant
- Beast Master based Hill Giant (others suggested Fire, but I like the idea of a Hill Giant controlling some warthogs)
- Lich-themed Cloud Giant (possibly a BBEG)
- Barbarian-based Storm Giant (holy crap!)
- Giant gods, such as Annam and Ulutiu.
- Giant-kin variants for Ogres, Ettin, Voadkyn, Firbolgs, etc.
And the last recommendation: Lycanthropic versions of Hill, Stone, Frost, and Fire giants. Classically, the Cloud and Storm giants would be immune. But a giant werewolf Frost giant would be amazing! A weresalamander Fire, wereboar Hill, and werecat Stone giant would all make me shiver in delight!
Finally, another thank you! I'd be glad to help create some of these giants, edit the flavor text, or help in any other way if you would like the input.