Hope Never Dies - Part 1 : On the threshold of dawn

Voadam

Legend
Kur howls again, a deep cry of anger, rage, and promised blood. With a sniff of the air and flaring of his nostrils the orc lopes out into the mist-filled moors, shiv in hand, ready for anything to jump out at him as he races across the marsh, led by instinct.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Peregrine gives a sharp shake of his head.

"I will not run."

He ducks under the knight's blade as the dark rider charges and swings upwards with all his might in an attempt to knock the knight off of his steed.

[ooc - I don't know if we're actually running this rules wise, but if so. . . power attack for one. . . attack +10, dmg 1d8+5]

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
George stares at his double suspiciously for a moment.
Okay, that doesn't sound a lot like something I would say. But if he tells the truth it is well to know it and if he lies, well let us see what substance lays behind it...
George reaches out with his right hand and grasps the offered hand.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Sharks... but no sign of the others.

Saxon ponders if the sharks are hungry enough to warrant him getting worried. He thinks fast, trying to determine whether it's safer to brave the storm in human form or in the form of an aquatic creature.

What kind of sharks are they? If I know their eating patterns...

[ooc: Knowledge(nature) +12]

Voadam

Legend
As he runs, Kur sniffs the air for any scents he might pick up, orcish ones, his companions (human, elf, and canine), or of any others.

Lichtenhart

First Post
No familiar scent comes to you as you stride across the still fogbanks. Except one. You stop abruptly as you feel it, and that's what saves you from being skewered by three javelins that land just in front of you. Lizardmen! They must be hidden in the mists too, and are proabably waiting for you to make a move to pinpoint your position.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Laerad strikes so swift that the knight can't raise the guard soon enough and you hit him solidly on his steel mask. From the growl he lets out you can tell he didn't enjoy it very much.
As you hear the shod hooves of the rest of the army thundering in the distance, a peasant, probably inspired by your courage grabs a fork and charges the knight as well. The black sword is ready to deflect the blow, but at the last moment the farmer plunges at the horse instead. With an high neigh of pain, the horse crubles to the ground, carrying the rider with himself.
Unfortunately he can pull himself free of the dying beast, and pointing the sword at you he speaks again with a voice so cold you can't believe it to be human.
"
Now you'll all die and we'll have fun with your women and children."

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
The other George clenches your hand tightly as an expression of pure bliss paints on his face.
"Oh, I've desired this for so long. Finally I'm free!"
A wave of exquisite pain washes over you leaving you trembling and breathless. You feel like his hand was scorching hot and acid at the same time, as if he was draining your life and blood out of it.
"How does it feel now, great slaver? I hope it's painful like being locked away for years in that dark little cell in your heart, with nothing to do but screaming in your dreams as you let our life go to utter waste. 'I cannnot trust you. You are too dangerous. You'll make me hurt people.' Guess what? I dunno if I would have hurt people but I'll sure do now, as soon as I'm done with you and I'll be in charge, starting with that annoying, ever yapping dog. I dunno how you got us out of that hell, but now that we got another opportunity I sure won't let you waste it too. Welcome in your own little personal Hopeless Island, George. Another few moments and finally your rage will break loose as it was meant to be. Enjoy the trip."

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
These are blue sharks. They aren't very big, about 8 feet long, but they are fast swimmers and amazing jumpers, and are known to prey on everything they perceive as weak. Shipwrecked sailors tell tales of sharks with long fins eating on their friends one at a time, one piece at a time. You wouldn't call them good company, in a storm like this. You can't keep your eyes on them, if you want to keep breathing, but you know they're circling around you keeping themselves about 20 feet away. They are waiting for the storm to get worse, it seems. It also seems they won't have to wait for long. Winds are getting stronger by the minute. This is starting to look like an hurricane in the making.

blueshark2.JPG

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
George growls as the pain rushes through him, before trying to pull his hand away from his double.

"I will not allow you to hurt people."

Remove ads