• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endur

First Post
After Quertus tells Icho not to touch his spellbooks, Icho trembles in fear, "Yes, Master. I will never touch your books.
"You can trust Icho, master. Icho has been an advisor to many wizards. Many great secrets are known to Icho."

Endur

First Post
In the barracks area, the forty or so drow going on the expedition are mingling and talking. Fifteen riding lizards with saddles are also crowded into the area.

Zedar T'sarran speaks out loud, "Before we get to the surface, we have to pass through the Dodrien crypts. For those of you who have not been this way before, I will remind you that the Dodrien crypts are full of traps and undead to keep superstitious humans away. All of the monsters in the crypts have been trained to leave drow alone.

"Once we are at entrance to the crypts, we will split into two groups. The Hunters will head for Dagger Falls. The rest of you will stay at the entrance to collect any slaves or defend the entrance if necessary.

"The hunters will maintain silence once we are on the surface, using hand signals to communicate. The purpose of this hunt is to spread terror amongst the surface dwellers.

"Leonon and Kiernan will persuade as many of the humans as possible that tonight is an excellent time to visit the Dodrien crypts. So the slaves might just walk up to the crypts if Kiernan and Leonon are successful in their persuasion where they will be sorted out by those who remain at the entrance to the crypts.

"Torellan has mentioned that he plans to capture Randal Morn, the ruler of Dagger Falls.

"I myself intend to visit the Church of Tyr. The rest of you may feel free to accompany myself, Torellan, Leonon and Kiernan, or strike out on your own."

Riding on lizards or levitating, the drow leave the Barracks level and ascend to the entrance to Szith Morcane. They then ascend through another chute to the Dodrien Crypts.

The crypts are so cold that the drow begin to shivver and can see their own breath.

As the drow pass through the crypts, a group of surface dweller skeletons threaten them, but Velasta holds out the mummified hand she wears around her neck, and the skeleton guards return to their posts.

A ten foot tall stalagmite with one eye and a great gaping maw lined with crystalline teeth wishes Zedar good hunting and asks Zedar to bring it back a meal.

A marble statue of a gaunt, alien-looking creature with bulbous eyes, an insect's mandibles, and an elongated oval head radiates malice as the drow pass it by.

The drow pass by several doors that are covered with magical symbols.

Finally, the drow arrive at a pair of large stone doors set into the hillside. The doors are unadorned except for a pair of stone handles that are joined together by a length of chain and a good quality padlock.

Zedar removes a key to unlock the chain and speaks, "Be ready for anything.

The chain is removed and the great stone doors open.

With a howl, the wind enters the Dodrien crypts. White Crystals fall upon the party. In fact, the surface world (or all of it you can see from the entrance) is white, covered in white crystals.

Endur

First Post
Carcelon notices that many of the guards are no longer on duty. The Quth-Maren are still posted outside of Dorina, Velina, and Velasta's quarters. There is a group of undead guarding the entrance to the level from the chasm. Kilcif is standing guard outside the Matron's quarters.

It would be easy for Carcelon to sneak into the Shrine of Lolth without being noticed.

Xael

First Post
(To Icho, before leaving) "Good then. But tell me one thing my faithful advisor; What happened to those former masters of yours?"

When they have passed through the crypts, and the door is opened, Quertus starts to think that preparing Endure Elements could have been a wise choise. He waits for others to go on before him (quite naturally), and sticks somewhere near Eilos. He turns to Torellan and says: "If you're really going for the leader of the city, I'm coming with you. You're going to need my help."

He then turns to Eilos. "Ever been to surface before?"

OOC: Don't know if Quertus has been on the surface himself (possible), or if he knows anything about snow. Or if he know wether Eilos has been on the surface.

Endur

First Post
As Kilcif nonchalantly attempts to follow the Kuo-toa through the commoner area, Kripp notices the bugbear.

Although the bugbear does not appear to be paying attention to Kripp, the bugbear's huge muscles and outlandish adventuring gear (including a bow that must have been crafted by the surface elves) makes him stand out compared to the other bugbears and goblinoids in the commoner area.

Endur

First Post
Icho responded to Quertus before leaving for the trip to the surface, "Well, Solom is my only mortal ex-master. All the other masters are not on this plane of existance."

The drow have either seen or heard of snow, but none have ever been in a snow storm.

When asked by Quertus about trips to the surface, Eilos sarcastically responds, "Yes, I enjoy visiting the surface very much. I have even smoked pipes with the bumbling old fool they call the Sage of Shadowdale."

Dalamar

Adventurer
When Quertus remarks that he's going to accompany him, Torellan smirks.
"Suit yourself, but keep in mind that the catch is mine. Well, you can have part of the honor if you donate a few protective spells."

OoC: For the day of battle, Torellan changes his ventriloquism to true strike.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Endur said:
As Kilcif nonchalantly attempts to follow the Kuo-toa through the commoner area, Kripp notices the bugbear.

Although the bugbear does not appear to be paying attention to Kripp, the bugbear's huge muscles and outlandish adventuring gear (including a bow that must have been crafted by the surface elves) makes him stand out compared to the other bugbears and goblinoids in the commoner area.

Turning to the Bugbear, Kripp attempts what he thinks passes for a smile among the warm-blooded, though it looks more like a Shark about to bite.'Hullo, goblyn-big...why Kripp,you follow?'

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia, Eldest Daughter, Clr 11

Narcelia, having secured permission from the Matron to accompany the group to the surface, prepares herself accordingly. She puts everything in her Haversack but the Carpet of Flying, which she leaves with the Matron.

When Zedar speaks, she is torn. A surface temple! It would be enjoyable to strike it down. But perhaps it would be better that I lead Torellan so he does not cause shame to our House . . .

Her thoughts are wiped away when the entrance is opened and the snow--Snow! I hadn't thought it would be so cold!--blows around them. She looks around in wonder. The heads on her snake whip, however, hiss and move around discontentedly.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
The lizards are sluggish and difficult to persuade to leave the entrance.

Zedar, Dariel, and Marckarius get only a few feet outside the entrance before Dariel's lizard collapses.

Marckarius yells through the howling wind, "We'll have to leave the lizards behind."

Zedar, Dariel, and Marckius return to the entrance and close the door to keep the howling wind out. Some of the drow commoners are delegated with the task to bring the lizards back to the drow settlement.

Zedar speaks, "Without the lizards, the raid will have to proceed on foot, unless you have magical means of flight. Those who can fly will still have enough time to reach Dagger Falls. If you are walking, you will not have time to reach Dagger Falls before the Sun rises, but you could attack one of the nearby farms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads