House of the Dragon spoiler thread

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Don't get attached to the young actors. They'll all be replaced by adult actors by midseason.

I like that they changed the opening sequence and theme. In the first episode I hoped they would bring back the GoT theme and they did.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Don't get attached to the young actors. They'll all be replaced by adult actors by midseason.
Yeah, this is why I am giving this til at least that changeover to begin judging the series; this is all setup and extended prologue, IMO.

I agree with many that while the story is interesting so far, none of the characters have risen to GoT levels yet. And the dialog, while very good, has not generated anything akin to the more quotable GoT (mostly from Tyrion). Otto's "The gods have yet to make a man who lacks the patience for absolute power, Your Grace," comes close.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah, this is why I am giving this til at least that changeover to begin judging the series; this is all setup and extended prologue, IMO.

I agree with many that while the story is interesting so far, none of the characters have risen to GoT levels yet. And the dialog, while very good, has not generated anything akin to the more quotable GoT (mostly from Tyrion). Otto's "The gods have yet to make a man who lacks the patience for absolute power, Your Grace," comes close.
I loved the "men will torch the realm before letting a woman rise to the iron throne" line a lot.

I think the hand and sea snake are building up great, though the time jumps worry me. All this exposition and posturing will just disappear into the ether as time goes on. Hope I'm wrong.

pukunui

Legend
GoT wasn’t that great at first. I think there’s some rose tinting going on here. It took a season to hit its stride. This is just as good as early GoT, and looks way better.
Same. Took me all of season 1 to actually get into the show.

I wonder how many time jumps there will be over the course of this show.

Also do we think it will ultimately end with Rhaenyra
being fed to her half-brother's dragon
?

Last edited:

So far the Medievalist in me loves this show. I worry it's a bit slow-paced for general audiences who aren't as enthralled by the subtleties of dynastic politics when they are at lower drama, lower action moments.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Same. Took me all of season 1 to actually get into the show.
Also do we think it will ultimately end with Rhaenyra being fed to her half-brother's dragon?
Your spoiler didn’t work dude!

But yeah I didn’t actually start watching GoT until season 5 (after my parents had bought a box set of DVDs) - I then went back and binged those first 4 seasons

pukunui

Legend
Your spoiler didn’t work dude!
What do you mean? This is how it looks for me:

Screenshot 2022-08-30 155304.png

pukunui

Legend
Tis Cool 😎, the dangers of participating in spoiler threads
But for some reason my display defaulted to the full comment being visible - and it was a big spoiler!
Weird! I've changed it to the other type of spoiler just in case that happens to anyone else.

I spoiled it for myself by reading about Rhaenyra on a wiki. (Haven't ever read any of the books.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases