House of the Dragon spoiler thread

Tried it, didn't like, but then again I thought Game of Thrones after the first few seconds was over rated too, I stopped watching GoT after the one likable, good person, none evil character, the sex worker got turned into a pin cushion.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Thought it was a bit of a show start, plot wise - though we know where things are moving to shed likely will speed up fast. I'm willing to give it a shot after the first episode.

But I have to say, I 100% agree with the critics throwing shade at the wigs. They're just terrible. Considering the budget and how great the outfits look - is just crazy that the wigs look so flat and lifeless!

Stalker0

Legend
So far the plot of the show is ok, but I think the biggest thing its missing compared to the original is just the personalities.

Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Tywin Lannister.....these are larger than life characters that just jumped on the screen due to some amazing work by their actors. Even though we had the newcomers like Emilia Clark and all of the stark kids, they were backed by powerful actors that really pushed the narrative forward in that first season.

I'm not feeling any of that so far. The acting is "fine", but I'm not "feeling" the plot from anyone really, its just scenes and talking, but no one really embodies the characters like I felt in that first GoT season.

Zardnaar

Legend
So far the plot of the show is ok, but I think the biggest thing its missing compared to the original is just the personalities.

Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Tywin Lannister.....these are larger than life characters that just jumped on the screen due to some amazing work by their actors. Even though we had the newcomers like Emilia Clark and all of the stark kids, they were backed by powerful actors that really pushed the narrative forward in that first season.

I'm not feeling any of that so far. The acting is "fine", but I'm not "feeling" the plot from anyone really, its just scenes and talking, but no one really embodies the characters like I felt in that first GoT season.

That and it's more if the same.

Enjoyed it though but it's also early. Better than season 8 worse than 1 imho as expected. It's leaning more towards season 1 than 8 though at least for me as I want to see more.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Second episode was good, slow paced but got in a lot of story and character points laid down.

and it had no sex or blood, and relatively mild gore so it seems that episode one was all bluster and hopefully we get actual storytelling from this point on.

pukunui

Legend
I enjoyed ep 2 more than the ep 1. Rhaenyra is starting to show her strength and conviction.

As an aside, I would love to see a series set in old Valyria.

second episode was better but still has problems. i thought Rhys (hightower) and Paddy (viserys) were very good and Rhys at the bridge really brought the tension

Would have liked to have seen more of the crab leader. We got much more in GOT from small villians such as craster etc.Instead we got tie to post crawl over with crabs several times

would have liked more to the last minute decision. felt like the red wedding all over again

thought the scene with matt smith and his bride to be was awful. acting was really bad

Zaukrie

New Publisher
That was better than episode one, but it still looks better than the plot / characters are. I agree with the post above, I just am not feeling any of these characters having the gravitas of ANY of the characters in the original show (yet). All that said, it is still good tv (I was hoping for more than good, though).

Remove ads