D&D 5E How bad is the binding in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything?

Dale Libby

Explorer
This photo below is from a regular cover of the book in the Chicago area. I went to pick up my copy in Rockford IL and it had the same issue. Is this indicative of the entire print run or just a certain lot?

1605727434184.png

Oofta

Legend
Way back when (start of 5E) you could return the book and WOTC would replace it for free. They also sent us some another mod or similar.

pukunui

Legend
Way back when (start of 5E) you could return the book and WOTC would replace it for free. They also sent us some another mod or similar.
Yeah. My problem, though, was that I was told I would have to pay the postage from NZ (which was significant), which they would "reimburse" me for by way of sending me some random freebies with the replacement book. I just resorted to gluing my books back together myself.

Oofta

Legend
Yeah. My problem, though, was that I was told I would have to pay the postage from NZ (which was significant), which they would "reimburse" me for by way of sending me some random freebies with the replacement book. I just resorted to gluing my books back together myself.
Well it's your fault for being a kiwi. ;)

I do empathize though, you should be able to return it to the store where you purchased it. I knew someone who just took it to a local copy shop and had them remove the binding and hole-punched it. Really wish WOTC could just find a publisher who could do this better.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Are you getting books sent to NZ? I've been nervous of doing so in the current environment as I'm worried that the books will just never arrive. Interested to hear from any other Kiwis that have been buying D&D books.

pukunui

Legend
Well it's your fault for being a kiwi. ;)
Technically I'm not a Kiwi. I'm an expat American.

I do empathize though, you should be able to return it to the store where you purchased it. I knew someone who just took it to a local copy shop and had them remove the binding and hole-punched it. Really wish WOTC could just find a publisher who could do this better.
All the books I had issues with re: binding were ones I'd ordered from overseas. The ones I've bought locally haven't had any issues with the binding coming apart. (Instead, some of them have reeked of the glue used in the binding.)

Are you getting books sent to NZ? I've been nervous of doing so in the current environment as I'm worried that the books will just never arrive. Interested to hear from any other Kiwis that have been buying D&D books.
I used to order all my 5e books from the Book Depository in order to get the free shipping but lately I've just been popping down to my FLGS and purchasing / preordering them there, as it's quite convenient now that I work in the city. It does mean I usually have to wait longer but that's OK. I want to support them.

That said, I did just order a copy of the Curse of Strahd Revamped and the accompanying mini sets from Amazon. They arrived super fast!

jgsugden

Legend
It seems to just be the Credits page, which is glued to the colored paper. Not as big of a deal as the PHB issues from early on ... at least that is what we see so far.

Remove ads