D&D 5E How bad is the binding in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything?

pukunui

Legend
It seems to just be the Credits page, which is glued to the colored paper. Not as big of a deal as the PHB issues from early on ... at least that is what we see so far.
Ah. That's a relief. My copies of Volo's and Curse of Strahd are both like that. It's unsightly on the credits page, but the rest of the binding for both books has held together, so it's no biggie. (And I've used both books fairly extensively too.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah. My problem, though, was that I was told I would have to pay the postage from NZ (which was significant), which they would "reimburse" me for by way of sending me some random freebies with the replacement book. I just resorted to gluing my books back together myself.

My MM and PHB both fell apart. Still using them but I need a replacement MM.

pukunui

Legend
My MM and PHB both fell apart. Still using them but I need a replacement MM.
Yeah, mine were falling apart too. I ended up buying the core rules gift set so I could get fresh books and have the then-current errata written in. (I was a bit annoyed when they did another round of core rules errata soon after.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Are you getting books sent to NZ? I've been nervous of doing so in the current environment as I'm worried that the books will just never arrive. Interested to hear from any other Kiwis that have been buying D&D books.

We can get them they're just expensive. $50 USD a pop.

Postage kills the cheap Amazon deals. I get store credit for DMing so use that. You might save a few dollars online.

The 3 Midgard books cost me $200 USD+ to get here. Amazon was cheaper but moral objections to buying off them.

Zardnaar

Legend
Technically I'm not a Kiwi. I'm an expat American.

All the books I had issues with re: binding were ones I'd ordered from overseas. The ones I've bought locally haven't had any issues with the binding coming apart. (Instead, some of them have reeked of the glue used in the binding.)

I used to order all my 5e books from the Book Depository in order to get the free shipping but lately I've just been popping down to my FLGS and purchasing / preordering them there, as it's quite convenient now that I work in the city. It does mean I usually have to wait longer but that's OK. I want to support them.

That said, I did just order a copy of the Curse of Strahd Revamped and the accompanying mini sets from Amazon. They arrived super fast!

Expat American with Maori online name lol. I knew you're a Jafa but this really takes the cake;).

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, mine were falling apart too. I ended up buying the core rules gift set so I could get fresh books and have the then-current errata written in. (I was a bit annoyed when they did another round of core rules errata soon after.)

This is why we drive Toyotas. Made in USA.

IMG_20201119_130448.jpg

What me worry only $100 USD.

Remove ads