How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Large at precisely 267 items (I keep an inventory database file).

I have relunctantly sold off quite a number of things over the years during times of financial duress, lost my entire collection of AD&D 2nd Edition, Palladium, and (old) World of Darkness items during a move in 2000, and had more than half of my collection of Dragon magazines stolen (everything from the 1st 3E issue up to 322, though I've since managed to reacquire most from 309 on).

I'm currently in an "expansion phase" trying to rebuild my collections of (old) World of Darkness, and the various editions of D&D, as well as staying current with Pathfinder hardcovers and D&D Essentials products.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
I tend to over around the Gargantuan/Colossal line; when it gets too Colossal I tend to purge it down. I voted Colossal this time, but that might not be correct.

The_Baldman

Explorer
Easily over 1K. My D&D collection alone takes up 7 book cases now (6 feet high and 21 feet wide - one whole wall of my den). If you ever see it for sale then please call the police - my falling down the stairs was not an accident as my wife claims (as she knows that is the only way it will ever leave my possession and she can spend the money).

Dave C
The Baldman

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Used to have second biggest collection in Finland. Really. But that was 15 years ago, when I was still active in rpg clubs/larps etc. Then people compared their collections. Nowdays I really don't have any idea. Prolly not biggest unless other people sold their stuff, I never sold anything. I now buy lot less. So growing speed has slowed.

Yeh I get pdf:s too but real books for products I like. I like to read in comfy positions and when I actually play I prefer to use pdf:s. Quicker to find stuff with search on computer than search my 75 m3.

And they are not only thing I collect. When I moved from my much smaller house to my current one I threw away over 200 big plastic bags of various staff. Happened very late at night and some russian immigrant was looting garbage boxes. Well at least it went to needy.

Ah my only vice, obsessive collecting. No wonder I have have money for it. Nah, never been broke and in debt. I might be crazy but I am still wise.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Huge. I have approx. 330 products on my gaming shelf and a couple hundred more in storage.

Add to that several boxes packed with minis and a gigantic collection of dice, not to mention tons of other weird accessories, many of which were not originally intended for gaming.

Harlander

First Post
My collection is Small (but perfectly formed ;))

I only came out of the mooching (off the RPG club's books, or borrowing a friend's) phase a few years ago. As it stands, the system I've the most books for is Shadowrun.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm surprised there are so many owning 1000+ products. I always thought my collection was pretty big, but it is only a couple of hundred books. I never collected any rpg magazines though, so it's just books and a couple of boxes.

Xyanthon

First Post
I haven't counted but know my collection is well over 300 (possibly 500 - like I said I'd have to count and take inventory). I have two 7 foot book shelves that are 4' wide with six shelves that are full with another 7' book shelve that is about two feet wide that is about half full of RPGs. Most of this collection is for Dungeons and Dragons products (I have every edition from the 3 LBB OD&D through 4th edition).

Remove ads