• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Did Superman Do That?

Klaus

First Post
Actually, Clark Kent went to college in Metropolis, IIRC.

He was still young, and going through his "walk the world" phase (damn teenagers!). He met an older woman (by older I mean in her 30s) who was (again, IIRC) a waitress, and she was the first >a-hem< lady in Clark's life.

The story showed him taking the admission text for college. But he arrived late (gotta save someone), so he used superspeed to write the answers in time and heat vision to keep the pencil sharp. But the brainpower was all his.

And, as mentioned, he got his job (at circa age 26) by turning in the first Superman interview ever (AFTER being interviewed by Lois, but BEFORE she turned the article in... whotta jerk!).

Templetroll

Explorer
Perry White: Lois, Clark Kent may seem like just a mild-mannered reporter, but listen, not only does he know how to treat his editor-in-chief with the proper respect, not only does he have a snappy, punchy prose style, but he is, in my forty years in this business, the fastest typist I've ever seen.

;)

William Ronald

Explorer
A good source for information on DC Comics characters is DCU Guide. You might be interested in taking a look at their Superman biography, where it mentions that Clark Kent attended Metropolis University and completed his course work more quickly than most students.

Of course, if it was the Martian Manhunter, he could use telepathy to construct a fake identity and convince his colleagues of it.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Tinner said:
Additionally, newspapers of the 1940's were hardly the "respectable" sinstitutions they are today.

laughingcat5wp.jpg

Arnwyn

First Post
Templetroll said:
Perry White: Lois, Clark Kent may seem like just a mild-mannered reporter, but listen, not only does he know how to treat his editor-in-chief with the proper respect, not only does he have a snappy, punchy prose style, but he is, in my forty years in this business, the fastest typist I've ever seen.
You, sir, are the winner. :D

JamesDJarvis

First Post
Well I think i know how he really got his job. He hypnotized folks with his supervision. Why do you think the disguise of a pair of glasses works so well? Why becaus ehe is sending up an illusionary hypnotic field all the time that say "I'm Clark Kent mild mannered reporter. I am not the superoo wearing adult you are looking for" ;)

Templetroll

Explorer
JamesDJarvis said:
Well I think i know how he really got his job. He hypnotized folks with his supervision. Why do you think the disguise of a pair of glasses works so well? Why becaus ehe is sending up an illusionary hypnotic field all the time that say "I'm Clark Kent mild mannered reporter. I am not the superoo wearing adult you are looking for" ;)

Wasn't there an issue of Thor where he was trying a 'secret id' without changing to the Dr persona and he put on the glasses, then bumped into some dark-haired, brawny looking reporter with glasses? I think Thor gave up on the glasses after that.

arnwyn said:
You, sir, are the winner. :D

www.imdb.com to win! :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads