D&D 5E How do Vampires Exist?

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
The question I have is are you really going to run it this strictly instead of make it an interesting experience by adjusting things to fit what you think the experience of being turned into a vampire should be like?

Giant2005

First Post
The question I have is are you really going to run it this strictly instead of make it an interesting experience by adjusting things to fit what you think the experience of being turned into a vampire should be like?

I am making a homebrew vampires supplement. I need things to be functional and make sense outside of any one event.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I am making a homebrew vampires supplement. I need things to be functional and make sense outside of any one event.

Vampire Creation:A victim who has his/her HP's reduced to 0 or lower via a vampires bite doesn't die, but is instead put into torpor. In this state the vampire can choose to kill the victim via blood draining, or instantly stabilize the victim at unconscious. If the later, the victim will rise as a vampire in 1d3 days if buried in soft earth. If no soft earth is available, the victim dies at the end of that time.

You're welcome. I'll take 2% of sales, thank you. ;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Warbringer

Explorer
Obviously, 5e vampires don't bite you, they gum you until they turn you into a vampire

toothless Vampire.jpg

Giant2005

First Post
I'll take 2% of sales, thank you. ;)

Sadly, 2% of sales is likely to round down to pretty much nothing :p.

Either way, what you wrote isn't of a lot of help to me as it conflicts with something else within the homebrew that you couldn't possibly be aware of.

Giant2005

First Post
Good idea! I wasn't going to bother trying to ask such a complicated question over twitter, but sending the link should do the trick.

PnPgamer

Explorer
Most literary vampires (from classic literature, not some potboiler or improbable fan-fic) took days, if not weeks, to transform a victim, slowly draining their life force. IIRC, Lucy in Dracula is slowly drained over weeks, and Mina is attacked over several days.

If the reduction in maximum HP does not recover naturally, you could just bite the person once per day and wait for the regular damage to heal overnight.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Remove ads