• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Do You Like the Warlord?

What Do You Think of the Warlord?

• I pretty much like it.

Votes: 306 76.5%
  • I pretty much don't like it.

Votes: 94 23.5%

Jack99

Adventurer
small pumpkin man said:
Did you see the poll in the general forum a couple of weeks ago? It was much more negative. While the numbers in this forum may be something like that, I don't think that's a very helpful matrix when even in the EN World general forum (and EN world is known to be more "pro 4e") was still at well over 50% dislike.

I like the Polls, I enjoy the Polls, but I try to keep myself aware that they don't mean that much.

Yes I did see the poll. If you read the thread, I posted there, what I think about those numbers.

lutecius said:
You should not underestimate the power of fanboyism either.
I have seen many pro-4e on these boards get more intense than the haterz.

Yes. But speaking in general terms, people are much more likely to post in order to make known they disagree with something, as opposed to posting if they agree with something.

Cheers,

Pinotage

Explorer
I don't know. I haven't really digested the Warlord, but it doesn't really make sense to me at the moment. Forced movement just seems really strange for character to enforce.

Pinotage

Enkhidu

Explorer
I like the concept of the warlord, and have been playing variations on the theme for a few years now in our 3.5 game (since before the Marshall was printed in the Mini's Handbook). I don't, however, like the specifics. We'll likely gut the class and rebuild it if we decide to play 4e for any length of time.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
shadowguidex said:
In my game, I'll tell the players that the power allows others to move freely if they choose. Instead of the Warlord saying:

"I'm gonna move the Fighter here"

He'll say:

"Bob, free shift if you want"

It's Bob who is moving, and Bob who chooses when and where he moves. Ultimately the power of the Warlord is supposed to help Bob, not allow Warlord to boss people or move people against their will.
This would go a long way to make the warlord more appealing to me. I could get on board with a class that provides opportunities and battlefield advantage, but I'd have a hard time enjoying a game with someone who moves my mini around all night without my consent. :)

Is there such a thing as a white raven? I'm not trying to be snarky here, I am just curious...I thought ravens were always black.

Demigonis

First Post
I really don't think it's FORCED movement, as in the Warlord takes a players mini away from them and moves it where ever they want. The Warlord gives tactical advantages for doing certain things and GIVES extra movement to his comrades if they choose to take it, they'd still choose where they want to go.

CleverNickName said:
This would go a long way to make the warlord more appealing to me. I could get on board with a class that provides opportunities and battlefield advantage, but I'd have a hard time enjoying a game with someone who moves my mini around all night without my consent. :)

Is there such a thing as a white raven? I'm not trying to be snarky here, I am just curious...I thought ravens were always black.
They seem to exist:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=461265&in_page_id=1770

Will

First Post
I ended up voting 'yes' but I confess to a growing dissatisfaction with 4e stuff.

I like a strong immersive element. A lot of the power and maneuver language is phrased in a way that makes it difficult to really imagine it in gameworld terms. Having to internally write a lot of material to make the maneuvers sensible?

Eh.

Pinotage

Explorer
Demigonis said:
I really don't think it's FORCED movement, as in the Warlord takes a players mini away from them and moves it where ever they want. The Warlord gives tactical advantages for doing certain things and GIVES extra movement to his comrades if they choose to take it, they'd still choose where they want to go.

Yes, but unless there's some text missing somewhere, I believe the charactesr HAVE to take the movement. Sometimes that's not the best option.

Pinotage

Remove ads