D&D General How do you schedule your D&D sessions?

How do you schedule your D&D sessions?

• A set schedule (every Saturday, every other Sunday, third Friday of each month, etc)

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • Week by Week/Month by Month, or however often you try to play

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • At the end of each session we schedule the next one

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Schedule? We just play whenever we can get enough people together.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Something else?

Votes: 2 2.4%

Hex08

Hero
A set schedule. My RPG group meets every Sunday and my board game group every Thursday, I usually just send a text early in the day to make sure everyone can make it.

Shiroiken

Legend
My group plans for every Saturday (on Roll20), coordinating via Discord. We currently have 2 active D&D campaigns, 2 inactive (incomplete) D&D campaigns, plus a game of Scum & Villainy. We generally try to alternate the 2 active D&D campaigns, with S&V whenever a DM can't run or we're short players. Additionally, we had a DM that ran periodic One Shots and I'm working on a mini-campaign.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
More about set scheduling, and why it's so important. If "Wednesday night is D&D night", then the players are aware of this and don't schedule other things on Wednesday. If it's flexible, it's a crapshoot if everyone will have left a "hole" in their scheduling that works for everyone.

We tried having a flexible schedule for a campaign and it was a mess. Never again.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
We all share an online calendar that stretches out over two or three months into the future. Everyone marks the evenings that they are able to play D&D, and whenever there is an evening with enough players, we play.

I'm weird. I run 4 Tuesdays every month (if we have a 5th Tuesday in a month we sometimes just take it off and sometimes we play board games) I then play every Saturday we do 2 Saturdays of one game then 2 of the other... and we have a once a month Thursday night game.

the Thursday game is on thin ice though

Richards

Legend
We run two campaigns and each has a tentative set schedule. One campaign is weekly, on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 PM until around 9:00 PM. The other is every other Saturday, from noon until around 5:00 PM. Each has its automatic "next session" figured out ahead of time, which we cancel and bump to the next week depending on if scheduling conflicts come up. But since all of our players and the two respective DMs come from a total of two families, any conflict for one player will almost automatically drag one or more players along so we tend not to play unless everyone can attend. If that means several skipped weeks at a time, so be it.

Johnathan

ThrorII

Adventurer
We have a standing schedule of every other Saturday, 5:30 to 10pm. That schedule only changes if 2 or more of us can't make it (there are 4 of us), or if it is a holiday weekend (Christmas eve, etc.). Out of 26 bi-weekly possibilities, we probably meet 23-24 times a year.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases