• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you store and carry your dice?

Herne'sSon

Villager
Two bags. One's just full of D6's for the games I have that use only D6's. The other's got I think four complete sets of polyhedrals in it. The bags are color-coded, so depending on which game I'm playing, I can just grab a bag and go.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
For almost 30 years I used a leather bag I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents. About a year ago I decided to stop.patching the holes that were cropping up in it constantly and switched to a much larger red velveteen bag.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
My oldest and holiest bag is of paisley fabric in drab colors. It started life as a grab-bag of rocks picked up at a gem & mineral show when I was a kid sometimes in the early 80s. But most of my dice are really scattered across numerous bags and boxes of various sizes and sorts in various places, mainly because, as a chronic mover/traveller, I keep all my junk spends scattered across numerous bags and boxes of various sizes and sorts in various places.
The dice bag I have to hand right now is just unbleached cotton fabric, containing a handful of wooden d6s, a mixed set of black and red plastic polyhedrals, some extra d10s in green, a dozen or so pennies, and 5 facsimile knucklebones.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I haven't left my house for a game in some time, so my dice storage/rolling setup is on the relatively stable side. I use 2 dice trays and a little foldable tower.
DiceTower.JPG
The mind flayer is also sitting on a tin of my mother's old bunko dice, so it's got a lot of extra d6s in it.
When I do have to go somewhere, I've got 2 dice bags - one with general dice and one with my FFG Star Wars dice.
GeneralDice.JPG
StarWarsDice.JPG

TheLibrarian

Explorer
At home I have multiple bag colors to match the general color of the dice.

For cons I'll use a Crown Royal bag or a Gen Con 50th anniversary bag.

Fun fact... you can order Crown Royal bags with custom embroidery on them. I've often thought about getting one that says "Bad Mother F***ker" on it. :)

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
My wife's bag'o dice. Made by Hurons in Quebec City. I had a smaller one for a while but lost the leather string. Also bought a pear shaped receptacle in Jamaica to keep some dice close in the living room. You never know! 🙃

image0-20.jpeg

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Last but not least. My high school crayon case bought in 1980 at the price of $15 with a month's worth of weekly allowances. Real leather. My father said I was crazy. Never broke down. I still use it today to store my high end pencils and ink pens. (the dice are not from the 80s. TSR dice didn't last long)

image0-21.jpeg

Richards

Legend
I used to have a dice bag my little brother made for me but it finally wore out, so now I carry my dice in a large orange plastic medicine bottle. In keeping with the medicine bottle theme, I printed off a sticker which reads as follows:

CAUTION: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
May cause emotional extremes, especially when a d20 comes up as a natural "1" or "20" during especially important rolls. Fireball dice must be handled with care; if a burning sensation persists, see your physician at once. For external use only. If swallowed, induce vomiting - but nobody's going to want to count that die's result, so prepare to reroll.​

Johnathan

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I used a yellow Crayola crayon container but it wasn't big enough. So I ordered the larger purple one but its top doesn't screw on--the top falls off and my dice just fall out. ☹️

Remove ads