How do you store and carry your dice?

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm with you on that, I hate Crown too. Irish Whiskey or Scotch are my drinks of choice. That said, I bartended for years so I ended up with tons of those bags. Even though I don't like Crown it just feels right using the bag.
It was like someone threw a switch about 1995 and everyone started doing shots of crown and Jagermeister because it was expensive.

PaulBaldowski

Mister Garland's Runner
I have an investment in the product (being married to the creator), but the All Rolled Up game roll — along with a folding dice tray — means that I have pens, pencils, 100+ dice and counters, cards, and something to roll those dice in combined into a single easily carried and stored package.

I helped my wife with the original design because while a standard dice bag was fine for holding dice, it got more complicated if you added stationery or cards. A box is great, but it takes up a lot of space. The wide mouth of the dice bag part along with a flat bottom means that you can turn it into a sort of bowl — meaning that you have a thin layer of dice to dig through when you have a lot in there, so the digging isn't too messy. I have deep dice bags where it's like playing a Lucky Dip stand at a fayre.

The range also has a pile of generic and licenced designs, approved with the originating companies — like Free League, Chaosium, Pelgrane Press, Ulisses Spiele, Cubicle 7, and Games Workshop, as well as artists like Ralph Horsley (MTG, WFRP) and Russ Nicholson (Fighting Fantasy, AD&D).

I know that my wife has put her life and soul into creating these things, by hand, and taken the time to source the best materials and get agreement to use the most eye-catching images from major tabletop game properties. We have people who bought theirs 5 or 6 years ago coming to us to show they're still in use and working just fine — including when we attended Gen Con 50 a few years back.

Attachments

• 20210803_090402.jpg
    20210803_090402.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210803_090429.jpg
    20210803_090429.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • 20210803_090459.jpg
    20210803_090459.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

I wish I still had my first dice bag. It was gold and shimmery and garish. The thin fabric long ago gave up the ghost, though.

My oldest and holiest bag is of paisley fabric in drab colors.

Also same. Give me a bottle of Powers or Teeling over that any day.
I'm with you on that, I hate Crown too. Irish Whiskey or Scotch are my drinks of choice. That said, I bartended for years so I ended up with tons of those bags. Even though I don't like Crown it just feels right using the bag.

Weiley31

Legend
While I have a good amount of dice so far, whenever I go to play DND, I usually select and use a couple as a main set. The rest stay at home. The Q-Workshop Llama dice are my particular favorite right now as it seems like it rolls good compared to some of my other dice that I have. As for carrying options for said dice selections and Inspiration Tokens, I've been using the Rime of the Frost Maiden and Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit Dice Tray boxes.

And while I love the Explorer's Kit Dice Tray box the most, mostly due to its inscription on it that fits DND as a whole, combine those with the books I bring and all in a bag, it's kinda a lot to carry technically. I SHOULD invest in a larger bag, but then, most of my Cheesex Gemini dice sets are still kept in their containers, which feel like they would technically take up quite a bit of room/space that a larger dice bag would off. Honestly I should probably just order this and get it all done and over with in that regards:

Last edited:

Remove ads