How do you tell your DM wants a change?

G.A. Donis

First Post
When he brings out the undead that give 2 negative levels every time they hit you. And it's a touch attack to hit you. Oh yeah, also there's one uber-undead guy who paralyzes half your party (ok that was just bad luck on our part) while the incorporeal "ghosties" suck the life out of everybody else. We lost two PC's. One of them had been true res'd two days (game time) before. Two others had been taken down to 1 or 2 levels left. The three of us that were paralyzed finally shook it off (4 rounds) and started hammering on the big bad guy, but he activated a helmet of teleportation (or some such) when we started doing some serious damage to him. Then of course, we had to "put down" one of the PCs that got sucked into the undead way of things after she rose up two rounds after dying. The other one, was taken care of before rising up.

All added up: 2 dead PCs, 1 PC with 7 negative levels, 1 PC with 6 negative levels, 2 PCs with 2 negative levels, and 1 PC that got out without negative levels.

Man I hate it when NPCs use tactics, retreat before they die and do damage to PCs :) (just kidding, the combat was a lot of fun). And we haven't even met the ultimate bad guy, yet! I'm starting to not like these store bought modules :)

Victim

First Post
Spoilers below!

Heart of Nightfang Spire right?

I actually missed that fight because I was taking a test. Guess who plays the cleric? People had a whole lot of negative levels for me to remove when I got back. However, no one died.
Correction, no one died in that fight.

So far, we've had one death on each level except for the very first level that's mostly empty. Of course, that fight has been the only time in my career in which my cleric has been reduced to chain casting healing spells in combat.

I hope you have better luck than we do.

Last edited:

G.A. Donis

First Post
Victim said:
**************** right?

I actually missed that fight because I was taking a test. Guess who plays the cleric? People had a whole lot of negative levels for me to remove when I got back. However, no one died.
Correction, no one died in that fight.

So far, we've had one death on each level except for the very first level that's mostly empty. Of course, that fight has been the only time in my career in which my cleric has been reduced to chain casting healing spells in combat.

I hope you have better luck than we do.

You guess right. I forgot that the one guy who got out without neg levels has a disease. Our cleric isn't going to have enough spells to help everybody with their saving throws. The score so far: 2 trips to the Spire = 3 PC deaths & several almost deaths. I'm not sure our luck is going to hold out. Of course that might be a good thing since it has mostly been bad luck.

Last edited:

Remove ads