Level Up (A5E) How does 5.5e/6e impact Level Up?

Faolyn

(she/her)
I like a regular stream of new crunch myself, but to each their own.

However, I'll be buying less of it from WotC now! Level Up is superior to O5e in basically every possible regard as far as I'm concerned. I'll be standardizing on it for my fantasy gaming.
I definitely feel no need to buy any of the 5.5 books they'll be putting out in a few years.

Right now, my only problem would be getting my friends to switch to A5e as well. I'm hoping that the online tools will make it easy enough for them.

King Brad

Explorer
It's not really switching. It's the same game.
Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way. A few of the players that I DM for on not huge on playing anything that isn't 100% dndbeyond compatible. However, I have convinced them enough to try a 1-5 campaign using A5e after the end of the current game. Sadly, some people don't like change, especially when they already dropped boats of cash into dndbeyond.

Mind, I will be playing this game regardless of who it's with!

SirApetus

Explorer
Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way. A few of the players that I DM for on not huge on playing anything that isn't 100% dndbeyond compatible. However, I have convinced them enough to try a 1-5 campaign using A5e after the end of the current game. Sadly, some people don't like change, especially when they already dropped boats of cash into dndbeyond.

Mind, I will be playing this game regardless of who it's with!
That's fair.

I am the DM for my group, and I am the one who dropped the cash on all the dndbeyond stuff and subscription so they can use my stuff,
I too am sort of leery about what to do for them as they are brand new players and are now familiar with dndbeyond stuff.

Really hoping for the character creator stretch goal to get unlocked for a5e.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
WoTC will release 6e in 3 years. I know they said it will be "backwards compatible", but they said that about 3e and 5e too. Then released stuff like Yawning Portal, which proves that 5e was not backward compatible.
Not only that, I'm sure LU can manage at least a couple more books with crunch in 3 years :D

Remove ads