D&D General How Dungeons & Dragons Started, WotC video.

darjr

I crit!
Not only can they, they are: this book has Outdoor Survival in its entirety, since Hasbro owns it.

They have in this book, in their entirety alomg with other documents:

• Chainmail, 2nd printing
  • Outdoor Survival
  • A 100 page first draft of the rules
  • Brown Box D&D with Hobbits, Entw, & Balrogs (makes me feel better about buying the white box PDF)
  • Greyhawk
  • Blackmoor
  • Eldritch Wizardry
That’s a good point.

Still I’d like to get the board etc.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Not only can they, they are: this book has Outdoor Survival in its entirety, since Hasbro owns it.

They have in this book, in their entirety alomg with other documents:

• Chainmail, 2nd printing
  • Outdoor Survival
  • A 100 page first draft of the rules
  • Brown Box D&D with Hobbits, Entw, & Balrogs (makes me feel better about buying the white box PDF)
  • Greyhawk
  • Blackmoor
  • Eldritch Wizardry
Yes, I was impressed that they will include Outdoor Survival in the book. With all of this content, I can now see how they arrived at the page count.

I also liked how Jason commented on the IP they don’t have, namely Arneson’s work with Judges Guild. Too bad we can’t see that, but understandable. Maybe that’s something Goodman can tackle, given their history with reprinting Guild titles.

I don't think they're going to include the entirety of Outdoor Survival, he said the map and the life level counters would be included "and everything that Arneson was influenced by". While that could be the entire game, I doubt it would as he could have just said the entire thing would be in there, I would wager it would be more likely to just include random encounter tables and the stuff that directly influenced D&D.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I don't think they're going to include the entirety of Outdoor Survival, he said the map and the life level counters would be included "and everything that Arneson was influenced by". While that could be the entire game, I doubt it would as he could have just said the entire thing would be in there, I would wager it would be more likely to just include random encounter tables and the stuff that directly influenced D&D.
I suspect you're right.

For my part, while the other stuff is nice to have and read, the main piece I wanted was the board, so I can use it as it was originally used if and when I want to.

Clint_L

Hero
I'm really looking forward to reading the article Gygax wrote for European fans, describing early gameplay.

That video was great! I was always going to buy this book (and not on Kindle for this one), but I am more excited than ever.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Based on some searches, there isn't much more than that.

Remove ads