D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Depends. Are we considering 1 to be a lack of excitement because we don't care and have no emotional reaction at all, or are we considering 1 as maximum negative feeling towards the new game, a complete inverse of excitement? I have no emotional feeling towards the new game whatsoever-- don't really care if the game exists or doesn't exist-- so it would be either a 1 if it was the former, or a 3 if it was the latter (midway because maximum positive feeling and maximum negative feeling.)

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Depends. Are we considering 1 to be a lack of excitement because we don't care and have no emotional reaction at all, or are we considering 1 as maximum negative feeling towards the new game, a complete inverse of excitement? I have no emotional feeling towards the new game whatsoever-- don't really care if the game exists or doesn't exist-- so it would be either a 1 if it was the former, or a 3 if it was the latter (midway because maximum positive feeling and maximum negative feeling.)
Valid observation. I had intended 1 to be no to extremely little excitement. Thus least excitement, but I can see someone responding as if 1 means the opposite of very excited (though I’m not sure what word would describe that)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So option 1 - least excitement

I would rather you not ascribe any emotional states, or lack thereof, to me.

It is less than I am "least excited" and more that insisting on gauging my "excitement" misses the actual nature of my reaction to the new books.

Reynard

Legend
Zero? I'm more like at negative...
Is that even possible? Are you mad they are making it? And if so, why? Your books won't disappear.

Oh, wait, if you bought them Beyond, they may in fact disappear. But, hey, don't rent things from giant corporations that do not care about you.

Anyway -- I don't know what negative levels of excitement would mean.

Remove ads