How excited would you be about 4th edition putting up the core books with all erratta?

How excited would you be to get the 4th edition D&D books with all errata?

• Extremely excited, I want it now!

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I would be interested but it's not at the top of my list.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I like the original game as presented and don't use errata.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don't play D&D 4e and don't ever intend to.

Votes: 13 22.0%

thanson02

Explorer
Nice. Any chance giving us a peek inside your "definitely NOT 4.5 Edition due to licensing reasons" documents? (The utility-skill power approach sounds intriguing.)

Actually that wasn't my idea. I am on a web group called 4Enclave and one of the folks brought it up as a option in one of our discussions. It made sense, especially after PH3 came out with Skill Powers. The nice thing about going that way is that you can cut down the system bloat and open up options for players that is based on Skill Training, which is a big thing in 4E compared to the focus on proficiency bonuses or the point system for skills/proficiencies that you see in earlier versions of the game. Besides, what I am thinking would cause a major rework of the classes and I would need time to do so, which I have not had time to do so far.

As for a sneak peak, the only thing I have written up is my "Fundamentals in 4E Magic" that I use in my games. It has a ton of examples and guidelines for examples of sacred incenses, alchemical reagents, mystic salves, ect, as well as a clear cut explanation on what is going on with the 4E magic system and how it works. But keep in mind, it is my understanding of the flavor of magic within the core books. Not sure about the rules in publishing homebrew stuff on this forum yet. If it is not a issue, I will be more then happy to share.

thanson02

Explorer
An example would be the errata a Magic Missile with the Essentials release, and the cascade of broken related game elements also requiring errata as a result, but that doesn't really tell you much.

Essentials represented a change in direction, and some of the errata that followed it was entirely in service to that change of direction, rather than merely fixing errors and closing loopholes.

And it divided the 4E fan base. Like I said, the business end was handled very poorly.

Can't publish the whole document. Would get me into trouble.

/Myrhdraak

Ha! I was trying to be funny. I put the winky-stick-his-tongue-out emoticon at the bottom as a clue.

Really fine work, by the way. I would say I hoped you could get a job at WotC, but then you would only be fired right before Christmas.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Ha! I was trying to be funny. I put the winky-stick-his-tongue-out emoticon at the bottom as a clue.

Really fine work, by the way. I would say I hoped you could get a job at WotC, but then you would only be fired right before Christmas.

Well, anybody who is willing to contribute to the work is of course welcome to join. However, in order to be able to contribute you will need to have:
1. Lot of time
2. All 4th Edition material including Dragon and Dungeon Magazines (preferably all in pdf - or you like to scan and use OCR SW)
3. Some design and graphic knowledge - at least advanced usage of Microsoft Word.

I you are interested and Think you fulfill the criterias, Contact me at myrhdraak@spray.se

/Myrhdraak

Remove ads