How long do we wait for WoTC to speak?

S'mon

Legend
What's this about WoTC releasing a response today?

So it looks like WoTC were going to stream on Twitch today, but now not until Tuesday. Screenshot from my PC just now:

Screenshot (264).png

Tuesday is the new Thursday.

WotC must be absolutely freaking out right now. I think the executives at WotC and Hasbro were far less intelligent then I thought, an employee whose on our side outsmarted them yet again, who told us exactly their weak spot so it could attack, said attack occurred and is spreading and they are really in panic mode now.

Just the underserved arrogance and greed of these people.

"Bulls make money, Bears make Money Pigs get slaughtered" this is quickly spiralling out of control and if say half a million or more folks unsub from D&D Beyond and there is no new subs, the shits going to hit the fan.

CapnZapp

Legend
Tell that to the last solid week of everyone arguing about whether or not WotC has the legal right to change or terminate 1.0a because it's the kind of thing that needs to be decided by a court.
It doesn't matter. It's dead now. Not because of any legal argument, because nobody trusts it anymore.

CapnZapp

Legend
I think you have to be consistent. If the 3PPs were going to be worse off because revocation of the OGL forced them out of the D&D ecosystem, then they're also going to be worse off because this incident has scared them away from the D&D ecosystem.
No, being worse of because of OGL 1.1 is because your existing rug is pulled from beneath you with little warning.

Nobody is getting scared away from the millions of fantasy gamers. Just scared away from doing business with WotC.

Remove ads